Valve cover gasket

Mighty Mouse

It's All In The Reflexes!
Ride
Your girlfriend
I have a good leak from the rubber valve cover gasket. I called A&S Motorcycles in Roseville (where I bought my Rocket in 2014) for some prices. They quoted me $396.00 before taxes. This includes the gasket and labor. Holy crap are you kidding me? Just for fun I asked about an oil change as I do that myself. They stated $236.00. Since I am no mechanic I will relent on the gasket work. I called a few other bike mechanics in the area and no one had worked on a Rocket so no thanks. Am I getting gouged or is this just the price of owning a Rocket? I'm going to have to make another **** movie to pay for this.

I was charged Australian $80 for changing that gasket when I had it in for a service so; yes, you are being gouged. That was including taxes.

The lid isn't hard to take off. Prop the tank up and you have access to all the bolts. I don't get their pricing at all.

I'm not getting their pricing either. Prop up the tank, remove the intake plumbing, maybe the coils (can't remember) and the cam cover is right there. I've done it to mine and don't remember it being difficult, just a little fiddly. The gasket itself is only ~$31.

I'm not getting their pricing either. Prop up the tank, remove the intake plumbing, maybe the coils (can't remember) and the cam cover is right there. I've done it to mine and don't remember it being difficult, just a little fiddly. The gasket itself is only ~$31.

With pod filters its even easier than that.......

These guys are the ones that had my old 2005 Rocket and could't fix the idle. They had it for 4 months. I sold it and bought the 2014 Rocket. It must be the busy time of year for them and they gouge everyone. It's a Triumph, Ducati and BMW dealership. I'll find another place. I'm not cheap but this place has Harley prices. Thanks guys.

The independent shops are usually cheaper than the dealer. Just be sure it's a reputable shop. Sounds like you found a gem.

There are a butt load of talented gear-heads on this form. I'm not one of them. I know enough to get into trouble but that's it. Thanks for the video and advice. I drop my bike off Wednesday. Please don't scratch the tank. (I'm that anal.)

Back