2015 rocket 3 top valve cover gasket replace

Hughzee

.020 Over
Ride
2014 triumph R3
Hello people I'm looking for a detailed video on how to replace the top cover valve gasket on my Rocket. All I have found is bits and pieces of videos nothing in detail. I'm sure everyone on here has had to do this job at one time.

Easiest method IMHO is:
Gasket laid out flat on the sun for a while to get it to relax.
Pull tank.
Big zip ties to hold harness up out of the way.
Remove all the bracketry in the way.
Pull coils.
Loosen all bolts (don't forget the oddball 1 at rear of engine)
Tap rubber mallet gently until it loosens a bit.
Remove cover, slide out exhaust side of bike, can be a bit finicky.
Stuff rag on inside of half round cut out areas.
Scrape off old rtv with plastic blade and prep surface of head.
Test fit gasket to head to ensure it's relaxed enough to not kink when installed.
Lift cut outs and apply RTV sparingly.
Reassemble in reverse.

I use 3/8 wratchet + long Allen drivers + swivel attachment for most of the bolts and a short driver on a 1/4 wratchet for the #3 cylinder one on the exhaust side, access it tight for that one. Torque wrench can be tough to fit on the #3 bolt.

90,000km for my 06 👌
My 16 engine with 3000km is leaking 👀🙄
Does that mean you reused the old gasket when you adjusted your valve train??? A few of us have with good success.

The older Rocket valve covers had a recess in the gasket seating area to help prevent the gasket from squeezing out when bolted to the head.

The older Rocket valve covers had a recess in the gasket seating area to help prevent the gasket from squeezing out when bolted to the head.
Like this.. but I've had both mine apart many times and never had a leak or herniated gasket, touch wood... I think correct gasket fitting & cover tightening technique (i.e. just follow the manual) is a lot to do with it too.

20220812_154901.jpg

Easiest method IMHO is:
Gasket laid out flat on the sun for a while to get it to relax.
Pull tank.
Big zip ties to hold harness up out of the way.
Remove all the bracketry in the way.
Pull coils.
Loosen all bolts (don't forget the oddball 1 at rear of engine)
Tap rubber mallet gently until it loosens a bit.
Remove cover, slide out exhaust side of bike, can be a bit finicky.
Stuff rag on inside of half round cut out areas.
Scrape off old rtv with plastic blade and prep surface of head.
Test fit gasket to head to ensure it's relaxed enough to not kink when installed.
Lift cut outs and apply RTV sparingly.
Reassemble in reverse.

I use 3/8 wratchet + long Allen drivers + swivel attachment for most of the bolts and a short driver on a 1/4 wratchet for the #3 cylinder one on the exhaust side, access it tight for that one. Torque wrench can be tough to fit on the #3 bold
Do you attach the gasket with rtv to the top cover then install it torque it down?

Back