Valve Clearance.

RooK

Supercharged
Ride
'06 RIII
Update
Good news. Got the plastigauge this morning. Clearance is 0.051mm at all locations. well below the service limit of 0.13

Before measuring I found just the right size socket and cut strips of sand paper. Soaked it with wd-40 and with light pressure gently rotated the socket as I fed the paper thru. I did the cam ladder and head first counter clockwise with 1000 grit. Then clockwise with 1000 again, 1500, 2000 and 3000 grit. That got rid of the dirt/specks. The lines are still there, I wasn't looking for perfection just take most of the dirt off and that worked well.

TURBO200R4

stand up straight and grab the world by the a$$
Ride
07 rocket III classic
sounds good u only want to knock off the points not make it look perfect.
u can do the cam like that also. u can do a lot of hand sanding w/o removing .001
i guess when recommending to do something i usually find out how many mile they drive.
if it is 40,000 a year or planed long trips then do it wright.
if u r like me 5000-8000 a year then i would sand it and hope to get 4 or 5 years out of it. i figure a lot can happen in 4 or 5 years.

RooK

Supercharged
Ride
'06 RIII
sounds good u only want to knock off the points not make it look perfect.
u can do the cam like that also. u can do a lot of hand sanding w/o removing .001
i guess when recommending to do something i usually find out how many mile they drive.
if it is 40,000 a year or planed long trips then do it wright.
if u r like me 5000-8000 a year then i would sand it and hope to get 4 or 5 years out of it. i figure a lot can happen in 4 or 5 years.

I don't bike much from a day to day and the summer is quite short here. Most of the mileage is on long trips which generally average 3000km-5000km in a week. Soooooo I do a lot of preventive maintenance.
If it was cheaper, easier to change and the parts would get here quicker I would probably change the whole top end and call it a day.
When I factor in parts
But really.. I don't think it's as bad as it shows on the pictures. Definitely much better now! I will run it that way for now and probably take another look in 12000-15000km see how everything settled.