URAL develop an electric sidecar with Zero drive system

That's just Ural. They've been that way since the early days. Urals are a risky business for many reasons, quality, metalurgy being two of them. With that said, guys have ridden them around the US while others broke down every 500 miles. I can't imagine what utility an electric Ural would have and with Sonny on never wanting to have an electric bike. It just isn't the same.

Yeah I didnt know ural had anything newer than the 1950s

With a range of about a 100 miles, I could see this being used in a city as a commuter. I don't understand the huge gap between the wheels and the fenders, though.

Most road bikes these days, the fender is mounted on the lower forks so the distance between the tyre and fender never changes therefore small gap. Those Ural things have to allow for suspension travel.

There is quite a discussion on the Ural page about this proof of concept with a couple of the members who have had a test ride on it. More torque than the gas version seems to be the biggest pro for these guys.

Everyone seems to think there is plenty of room for more batteries. After all, most Urals carry 1-3 Jerry cans of fuel now; just put a battery pack there like the one on Zero's dirt bike.

It will be at least 2 years before one hit the market and the batteries in the Proof bike are obsolete now, so I would expect more range when it arrives.

I suggested using some of the foldable solar blankets or panel for camping to take along knowing full well that one needs full sunlight and a long time to recharge those batteries. Still, if one went for a weekend fishing trip and camped out while the batteries charged, it just might work out.

I'll stay with my DL650/Sputnik sidecar rig. I can do 80 mph on the highway, still get about 45 mpg and it will go anywhere, to include into the trees even when I don't want it to with no damage.

VFW Show (1632 x 1224).jpg

Off Road 2 (1632 x 1224).jpg

Honestly I hadn't seen a ural in ages until I went up to western pa ro visit family over the summer

Attachments

• Resized_20180824_141556.jpeg
    Resized_20180824_141556.jpeg
    169.1 KB · Views: 0
Back