Another problem Mike ---you did not have any Air Force present to check out the work that the Army and Navy did.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Alicia will be home at the end of the month and give it a thorough going over.

Edit: And just returned from a great ride. Everything is near perfect except the bars must come down just a tad, which is a normal for me whenever I install new bars. It really helps having two people change out bars. I mostly stabilized the stock bars while Rob put everything together.

On Paul's crossover piece. There is a significant difference in performance. I couldn't believe it.

I believe now I am where I want to be with TORs, Paul's crossover piece, the Uni air filter and with the tune Rob downloaded awhile back. I believe it was HansO's. I'll head over to the dyno tuner in Kirkland probably next week with 1obull to get the tune just right.

Last edited:
Okay Mike - (@Navigator ) - The one question we all need the answer to. How much did it cost to get the 'A' Team in to carry out all your modifications to the bike?? :notworthy::notworthy:

Last edited:
Okay Mike - (@Navigator ) - The one question we all need the answer to. How much did it cost to the 'A' Team in to carry out all your modifications to the bike?? :notworthy::notworthy:

I was quite well compensated...

Sandwiches, Coffee, and good stories!

I like working on Rockets, each one's a little different and I've not had much exposure to the Touring differences, which, were nice to get some hands on to figure out some of the nuance of changes. They're definitely more than skin deep.

I think I've identified my favorite rocket seat now, the Touring solo. After riding Speed's bike which has one, and sitting on Mike's, despite the two bikes having different bars, different boards, and different tank shapes, I think I need to adapt a Touring seat to my Rocket. It just suits my backside so so well, in particular, the scooped out area just ahead of the bolster is "just right".

The guys on the forum are AWESOME. Helping out an captain with his pride and joy.

I have only meet up with @Tal @sleeves in person both great guys. Hope to meet alot more as the years past. But being at the bottom of the world makes it a bit of a challenge but will popping in to see @Paul Bryant when I'm up north and who ever else I can catch up in NZ on this forum.

I like working on Rockets, each one's a little different and I've not had much exposure to the Touring differences, which, were nice to get some hands on to figure out some of the nuance of changes. They're definitely more than skin deep.

I think I've identified my favorite rocket seat now, the Touring solo. After riding Speed's bike which has one, and sitting on Mike's, despite the two bikes having different bars, different boards, and different tank shapes, I think I need to adapt a Touring seat to my Rocket. It just suits my backside so so well, in particular, the scooped out area just ahead of the bolster is "just right".
Rob, I have the same seat as on Mikes touring if you’re interested.

When you asked me if you could sit on it, which gave me a chuckle, I should have told you to take it for a spin. I thought of that after you departed so you can always do that.

On the solo seat, there may be two types. I have the upgraded seats in both the bench and the solo, both which accept the back rest. I believe they are gel seats because they are so much more comfortable than the stock. I could be wrong but I believe I saw a Touring solo seat that had the stock/cruddy foam. I bought mine from Tripps and love it.

Oh and Grumpy, I didn't even have to ask. Rob and Steve just announced they'd be over after offering several times earlier.

Hehe, I try to avoid riding other peoples bikes, and usually turn it down. There are a lot of reasons but the main one:

Ignorance is bliss :p

Mike,
What a great thread! Been in the garage working on my own new bar swap. A true PITA. Wire extensions, re-routing wires under the tank, many connect-unconnects of the throttle cables before deciding 2" over Barnetts just weren't enough length.
Brake line 4" over worked out so far. Waiting on "Wiring-man's" (Rob) golden touch to extend the 10 wire clutch loom 8 inches and a reorder to Barnett.
Itchin' bad to give my new front Road 5 its inaugural run-in.

Hehe, I try to avoid riding other peoples bikes, and usually turn it down. There are a lot of reasons but the main one:

Ignorance is bliss :p

I'm the same way but have made exceptions in the past as I hope you will. It's nowhere near as fast as your Rocket Monster but she steps like a scalded ape Harley Killer.

Was at the Bremerton Raceway today for the biker event, which included the MX Rodeo. As I looked at the drag strip I got that "I wonder" feeling; like how would a Rocket bagger do, ridden by a broken down old fat man.

I'm the same way but have made exceptions in the past as I hope you will. It's nowhere near as fast as your Rocket Monster but she steps like a scalded ape Harley Killer.

Was at the Bremerton Raceway today for the biker event, which included the MX Rodeo. As I looked at the drag strip I got that "I wonder" feeling; like how would a Rocket bagger do, ridden by a broken down old fat man.
Mike, is this one of those moments where you just 'wonder'... Go for it cos you'll never know the answer if you don't!

Back