Auto canceling turn signal upgrade

Venus2050

VIPERMAN
Ride
2008 Rocket III Touring
My ride is a beautiful 2008 R3T. It’s turn signal switch requires a manual input to quickly cancel the signal following a left or right turn. I would like to modify the switch with a automatic turn signal cancellation module that would cancel the signal without user intervention.
As there are many electronic modules that perform this function on the market. I’m just curious if anyone has experience doing the conversion and can recommend the best module for application on a R3T.

The simplest to install and has the best features is made by Signalminder. It gives optional signal time outs, hazzard lights, parade lights, and running lights. I do not recommend the optional modification to the turn signal switch. This all just my opinion. You should search the memory banks as there's been more threads on this exact subject.

The R3T has self canceling turn signals. They work on a time/distance algorithm. They are built into the dash panel and there is no separate flasher unit for them. Are you giving them enough time to function? May have to start signaling sooner.

The R3T has self canceling turn signals. They work on a time/distance algorithm. They are built into the dash panel and there is no separate flasher unit for them. Are you giving them enough time to function? May have to start signaling sooner.

One of the differences between the TOURER and TOURING. The TOURER does not have self cancelling signals.

Agreed, the OEM turn signals are self canceling. However, following a slow speed turn, the signal stays on too long before it self cancels which alerts others that your signaling to initiate a turn either right or left. I recently had a near miss incident where as I made a right turn then slowly proceed straight away. A car was exiting a parking lot driveway on my right onto the street. The car continued to advance onto the street as I approached closer at low speed. The right turn signal was still active at this point which falsely alerted the driver of the car that I was going to turn right into the driveway avoiding his vehicle. As a result, he pulled out blocking the entire lane as he waited to made a left turn into the other direction lane. Fortunately, I was able to avoid a T bone collision by controlled braking in time.

Agreed, the OEM turn signals are self canceling. However, following a slow speed turn, the signal stays on too long before it self cancels which alerts others that your signaling to initiate a turn either right or left. I recently had a near miss incident where as I made a right turn then slowly proceed straight away. A car was exiting a parking lot driveway on my right onto the street. The car continued to advance onto the street as I approached closer at low speed. The right turn signal was still active at this point which falsely alerted the driver of the car that I was going to turn right into the driveway avoiding his vehicle. As a result, he pulled out blocking the entire lane as he waited to made a left turn into the other direction lane. Fortunately, I was able to avoid a T bone collision by controlled braking in time.
Oh sorry I see your wanting a quicker time out on your self cancelling signals. I'm useless on that question but I'm sure the answer will be along soon..

The simplest to install and has the best features is made by Signalminder. It gives optional signal time outs, hazzard lights, parade lights, and running lights. I do not recommend the optional modification to the turn signal switch. This all just my opinion. You should search the memory banks as there's been more threads on this exact subject.
Hi, I have a 2012 Roadster. I just googled Signalminder and the video is for installation on a Vespa LOL, (probably the other side of the spectrum to the Rocket) And on the Procycle website it says that the SignalMinder unit is designed as a plug-in accessory for many Japanese bikes. Is this the unit you are suggesting for Rocket?

Last edited:
Back