Auto canceling turn signal upgrade

My ride is a beautiful 2008 R3T. It’s turn signal switch requires a manual input to quickly cancel the signal following a left or right turn. I would like to modify the switch with a automatic turn signal cancellation module that would cancel the signal without user intervention.
As there are many electronic modules that perform this function on the market. I’m just curious if anyone has experience doing the conversion and can recommend the best module for application on a R3T.
I have your bike, with automatic cancelling, plus an '06 Classic without that. I could not train myself to self cancel on the Classic(owning a Harley with it)so I bought/installed the Signal Minder unit for the '06. It is a very good device with very cool features but it will not help you with the timing you need. You already have the best unit, your own brain. You just need to self-cancel in those situations like you describe and get use to it......IMHO. :)

I know, easy for me to say, but I've had to train my left thumb to deal with it. :)

Last edited:
Connect a beeper...that way the annoying sound will train you to self cancel.
ok, that’s just a light hearted response, based on my old Vespa, which has this amazing technology.
On a more informative note, I find that no matter how long or short the self canceling operates, it’s never going to be perfect. On my GS, it uses the accelerometer/gyro to cancel once you‘ve turned. A much better and more precise solution. There is an aftermarket solution for this:

In the incident described the fault doesn't lay in the signaling system. The driver of the auto failed to yield the right of way to the motorcycle. The driver should have waited to see if the motorcycle was proceeding straight or actually going to make the turn. Had the car not been in a hurry the time out on the signal probably would have cancelled.

Back