Uni Filters / Tuneboy Pods / Fire Starters

Clamp

Do you mfg that clamp by any chance. I'm interested in filters too as I have the 2780

with cutdown bearclaw looks great. To reduce/eliminate any rain problems I would

mount/carry 3 waterproof sock for protecttion.

CAVOK

Predators and K&N 4040-1

My new Predator pipes are due next week. Would hate to marry them up to inadequate air-flow. Has anybody done any research/or used the 4040-1 compared to the 2780? In all of K&N data they didn't have airflow listed any where. The size, the top being used as intake and built in velocity stacks has a lot to say for the 4040-1.
I think I'm going to make the change to the 4040-1 filters, better air flow including top, looks better, now do I have to modify the BearClaw to fit??? Well of course you do, 1 and 2 may fit, #3 NFW, then its time to lube up the ban saw. Since its been cut down previously hopefully a little more work artistically done, will give a good result.

Final thought the elbow mentioned earlier in mount, is this removable, do you have to fab an adapter, etc.???

And your thoughts kind sir.

CAVOK

Last edited:
mjbell1--i wouldn't even fool with sawing on bearclaw until you've run them (4040-1's)w/ bearclaw off and pred's on--w/ new dyno tune of course w/ the big in/out change in air/exh. gases flow. (too bad you aren't closer to wayne tripp in alabama)

then you can mod bearclaw, if the set-up suits you. they are BIG and sit out much further . you'll see.

forget the pie shaped adapter unless you are going racing/etc. w/ it you've also got to shorten fuel rail to get it under frame and mod oil tank and other crap.

the "big air in" (4040's) and "big air out" (pred's), should really get that motor humming!! (EDIT__ you'll probably "need" that rider backrest to hang on!!)

good luck!! --john

Last edited:
Back