Uni Filters / Tuneboy Pods / Fire Starters

When you guys are pulling the secondary throttle shaft out of the throttle bodies, what are you using to plug the holes with?

"tight" machined 6061 aluminum plug tapped into ext. of T.B.
--- to do it really properly (which i didn't) ---you'd need to fab a "dual diameter" plug to match the ext.hole (on t.b.)--- AND ------smaller int. (rod diameter) hole and finish to edge of interior t.b. walls.
---i just made sure the t.b. was sealed, no dust/dirt/etc. could get thru from ext.
---big motor guys would have filled the little interior rod holes i guess so no disturbance to air/fuel atomization vortex?????

I run Unis, work great, easy to use, and I keep an extra set oiled up in a ziplock so I can swap with no down time to clean.

squish under bearclaw some, but not too bad, I pop off bearclaw for dragstrip but use it 99% of the time. I wanted the unis so they would clear the velocity stacks I run.

Do your stacks fit under the bearclaw?

I see that they also offer some with rubber bases and if you buy direct looks to be cheaper than through Tuneboy.

Link Removed

My unis fit fine, I have one set in red ( tuneboy ones) and one set of greens ( UNI)

I think there is a slight difference in flow, but not that I can tell ( green to red)

they fit fine, do compress slightly, I didn't want the rubber bottom ones cause I needed the sock filter to stretch over the velocity stacks

I'll take a pic soon that shows the velocity stack, I have my airflow sensor in a seperate filter at the front ziptied to the frame ( small chrome breather from auto store)

About that intake air temp sensor. I've had mine stuck in a small K&N filter also zip tied to the frame right next to the first filter. On my Scangauge I'm seeing IAT temps of 105-130 in 80 degree ambient temperature. Having the sensor out of the intake air flow, and thus sitting in relative stagnant air is causing it to read higher than it should.

I just soldered some extensions to the wires and I'm in the process of cutting a hole in the top of my K&N. I plan to fit the rubber grommet from the intake tract into the top of the K&N and stick the sensor inside the filter. Should be interesting to see the difference in temperature readings.

Will it make any real difference? Probably not, but I've got too much time on my hands.

I did a similar experiment but I wanted to find if there was a difference in temp with the bearclaw cover on or off. I got a few degrees warmer with the cover on when stopped, but as soon as I started moving it was the same.

GPMAZ--somebody played w/ that a while ago???? can't remember who? i bet who remembers tho!!

GPMAZ--somebody played w/ that a while ago???? can't remember who? i bet who remembers tho!!

Got everything buttoned up and ready to go. The IAT sensor is now poked through the top of my K&N. Fired it up just to make sure I had the right wires soldered together and that the sensor was still working. I'll take it out this weekend to see if the readings are significantly different.

Back