Turn signal woes

Cherokeekid78

.020 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
I'm trying to get my rocket back on the road after wrecking it in July. I had to do a little wiring since a harness was damaged in the crash. Right now in having an issue with the turn signals not working while the engine is running. If the bike isn't on they work fine. However as soon as I start it they won't burn. Any ideas why?

I'm trying to get my rocket back on the road after wrecking it in July. I had to do a little wiring since a harness was damaged in the crash. Right now in having an issue with the turn signals not working while the engine is running. If the bike isn't on they work fine. However as soon as I start it they won't burn. Any ideas why?

@DEcosse

''' I had to do a little wiring since a harness was damaged in the crash. Right now in having an issue with the turn signals not working ...

Well, would need to know exactly what wiring modifications were done to offer any constructive advice
But suggest you start by undoing what was done and try to replicate OEM as closely as possible
Note that the Touring is uniquely different from the other models as the Turn Signal Flasher is built-into the Instrument panel.

Well, would need to know exactly what wiring modifications were done to offer any constructive advice
But suggest you start by undoing what was done and try to replicate OEM as closely as possible
Note that the Touring is uniquely different from the other models as the Turn Signal Flasher is built-into the Instrument panel.

All I did was cut out the old damaged harness and straight splice the wires together. I didn't add anything just deleted the wiring harness

OEM signals or did you change them to LED?
And are all 4 still in circuit?

Which harness did you repair - I'm trying to help but you are providing limited information
Obviously something has changed from how it was originally so you need to see what part of your modification has changed the way it operates - or whatever else may have changed as result of the crash

My bad I didn't even think about the fact that y'all haven't seen the harness I'm talking about. It's right behind the head light it hooks to the signals and horn among other things. I'll add some pics of the harness before I removed it. Also everything was working fine after I did the splice but while doing some other work a couple wires got pinched by the forks and nicked them. I did hear a little faint popping at one point like something was arcing. I re-wrapped the wires and separated them. Now in in the situation I got now. Signals work when engine is off but don't work when engine runs. Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply to my thread.

Attachments

• 20171024_075233.jpg
    20171024_075233.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20171024_075202.jpg
    20171024_075202.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 3
Back