brandon0359

Standard Bore
Ride
17' rocket 3 roadster
So I'm gonna be upgrading to a ram air filter and a carpenter exhaust here shortly should I go with power commander or find a tune on here that would be close if not better. need some pointers with the whole tuning aspect

So I'm gonna be upgrading to a ram air filter and a carpenter exhaust here shortly should I go with power commander or find a tune on here that would be close if not better. need some pointers with the whole tuning aspect
I have my 2014 Rocket set up like yours (Sidewinder exhaust). Got a tune from Neville Lush Racing for the ECM, added PC5/ autotune, got 159 HP and 168 ft lbs torque. That is about all you can expect out of a stock engine. Runs like a scalded dog all the way to redline!

Getting a dyno tune is the way to go if you want the tune spot on. I have Tune ECU tune 20222_2SA as a base tune and I thought the bike ran good until I had a custom dyno tune done to it. If the base tune was good my power commander custom tune would be all "0" or close to it, it's not. The bike ran good on the base tune but runs so much better with a custom tune. Here's a screen shot of my PC-V tune showing how far off the base tune is. If you're investing the money into a ram air and exhaust then why leave performance to a close enough tune?

Attachments

• current map.jpg
    current map.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 17
Find a dyno tuner who will direct tune through the ECU. No need for a power commander in my opinion.
That's the best option but finding one is difficult, Phoenix AZ is a big city and there isn't one here or in a city near here but there's many tuners for the Power Commander.

Back