Tuning the ECU

rohit

Standard Bore
Ride
triumph rocket 3 classic
Hi Guys, am a total newbie to the ECU tune and being in africa I lack the expertise locally to get it done. Is there some step to step guide to doing it yourself. Have the cable but don't know where to start. Have a R3 Classic 2006 all stock with the cat still installed. Would really appreciate the help as the bike is running a bit rough and also the rpm is a bit low so a bit of a challenge at low speeds.

Thanks for the help

There's a thread in the Tuning section of the forum with a how to use it.
TuneECU -- HOW TO

First things first, balance your throttle bodies and do a 12 minute tune. The 12 minute tune is this:
Start the bike without touching the throttle. Let it get up to temp so the fan comes on.
Let it idle for 12 minutes or more like that.
Should result in a slightly smoother tune.

For the throttle bodies there are a few how tos, but essentially start the bike and while idling adjust the forward most cylinder so the vacuum is the same as cylinder 2 in the middle then do cylinder 3 to match.

Finally adjust your throttle position sensor to exactly the factory spec, I think it's 0.62 volts If I remember right.

Those should help out the running rough issues. From there, I'd suggest sending @HansO a PM for a stock bike tune to pep her up.

Last edited:
There's a thread in the Tuning section of the forum with a how to use it.

First things first, balance your throttle bodies and do a 12 minute tune. The 12 minute tune is this:
Start the bike without touching the throttle. Let it get up to temp so the fan comes on.
Let it idle for 12 minutes or more like that.
Should result in a slightly smoother tune.

For the throttle bodies there are a few how tos, but essentially start the bike and while idling adjust the forward most cylinder so the vacuum is the same as cylinder 2 in the middle then do cylinder 3 to match.

Finally adjust your throttle position sensor to exactly the factory spec, I think it's 0.62 volts If I remember right.

Those should help out the running rough issues. From there, I'd suggest sending @HansO a PM for a stock bike tune to pep her up.
thanks for the help. will need some help doing this so will get a friend, always had old school bikes and never needed to do any stuff myself on the recent ones. am thus a bit at sea.

It all sounds complicated but once you download the Rocket service manual it's pretty easy. You'll get it.

Back