TuneECU help needed - R3T with Jardines and single K&N

PersonalTriumph

.020 Over
Hey gang,

I can't get my 2008 Rocket III Touring to run right since installing Jardines. I have a single K&N under the seat and I'm not inclined to attempt the triple K&N mod, so please don't suggest that!

I'm getting lots of popping on deceleration while downshifting, especially while downshifting at higher speeds. If I pull on the clutch, the popping stops immediately.

I have tried TuneECU # 20366 and 20368. No avail.

Anyone have suggestions? (OTHER THAN INSTALLING THE TRIPLE K&Ns? And I KNOW somebody is gonna be a smartass and suggest that anyway so please hold your breath!)

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Joe (PersonalTriumph)

Have you considered installing the triple ... oh, never mind.

As I'm sure you know, you're running a rather unusual combination. Most who are willing to put up with the increased noise of the Jardines on the R3T are willing to trade that for the increased power. With that in mind, most opt for the trip filters as well.

Have you tried PM'ing Wayne Tripp to see if he has tuned an R3T with a set up like yours? He may be able to help, or at least suggest some changes to the tunes you've tried.

Have you considered installing the triple ... oh, never mind.

That didn't take long. :rolleyes:

Yeah I realize its an unusual combo. Didn't realize it until it was too late though and the Jardines were ordered and installed.

I did email Wayne but he only has Tuneboy maps, not TuneECU.

Not a huge fan of that dealership's service department (not because they aren't good or competent, but I haven't found the guys in their service department to be particularly customer-friendly) but I may give it a try.

Back