Tuneboy finally does open loop

The O2 sensor on my bike is the updated one, ordered straight from Dynojet a few months ago. The O2 sensor that came with my PC III is sitting on a shelf, playing the backup QB position right now.

I had ordered the O2 sensor from Dynojet during the "trying to get Tuneboy into open loop" days, and I did get Tuneboy into all open loop, but the tuner's A/F line was not to my liking. Since he was too far away to try again and since I disagree with his philosophy of what an A/F curve should look like, I gave up on him, left in the O2 sensor, installed the PC III, and had a local guy begin dynoing my PC III.

I haven't talked to Dynojet in some time because I've had no issues.

The O2 sensor on my bike is the updated one, ordered straight from Dynojet a few months ago. The O2 sensor that came with my PC III is sitting on a shelf, playing the backup QB position right now.

I had ordered the O2 sensor from Dynojet during the "trying to get Tuneboy into open loop" days, and I did get Tuneboy into all open loop, but the tuner's A/F line was not to my liking. Since he was too far away to try again and since I disagree with his philosophy of what an A/F curve should look like, I gave up on him, left in the O2 sensor, installed the PC III, and had a local guy begin dynoing my PC III.

I haven't talked to Dynojet in some time because I've had no issues.

So what's the bottom line? It sounds like just sticking the O2 sensor over a Tuneboy tune isn't going to work - you still need to adjust the fuel with the PCIII?

TuneBoy doesn't do OPEN loop

But if you add the DynoJet O2 sensor, for an additional $15-22, an open loop condition can be managed. Is that not correct? From my tight wad persepctive, it would behove TuneBoy to include the O2 sensor eliminator within the Starter Kit for a most satisfying experience.

WELL ACTUALLY, TuneBoy does do Open Loop. But not for the reason(s) in this thread. Thanks Busa: http://www.r3owners.net/showthread.php?t=2033&highlight=open+loop

Last edited:
The reason I am also going to use a PCIII is so I can get a custom dyno tune for a reasonable amount. It is extremely difficult to find a decent tuner that would be willing to learn tuneboy.

The updated Tuneboy with the open loop thing wasn't available when I started this thread. Sure wish it was though!

Anyway, congrats to Wayne for making Tuneboy even better!

:confused: Can i use the Dynojet O2 Sensor eliminator (#76423016) whit TuneBoy???
Please note that this is a pretty old thread and a lot has changed with the Tuneboy product since..
You can now disable the O2 sensor completely in "Edit/Tune Constants" by unchecking the "O2 Sensor Installed" box.. Using dyno data you adjust your A/F with the fuel trim tab in the TuneEdit software (open loop 100% of the time).. Have a look at the . You can also load PCIII tuning adjustments directly into the trim tables..

It's a pretty technical topic with not a lot of "Fischer Price" information..

Back