archer_tx

.020 Over
Hi,

New forum member here.

Does anyone have a tune for a all stock R3T?

I'll be adding slip-ons and individual filters later this year and will then have it Dyno Tuned by Piper Performance in Fort Worth, TX. Cliff looked at the TuneBoy documentation and say he won't have any issues working with a TuneBoy BTW.

For now, I've downloaded the 20256 tune from TuneBoy and the only thing I've done is open the secondaries 100% in all gears.

Does anyone have a tune that has modified ignitions or fuel tables for an all stock R3T?

Thanks,

Archer
Seabrook, TX

Opening the secondaries should make a significant difference. I wouldn't do anything else until you do your intake and exhaust mods.

Opening the secondaries should make a significant difference. I wouldn't do anything else until you do your intake and exhaust mods.

Once you do the intake and pipes, I have a great Tune that I downloaded from here. It works great with that configuration! :rolleyes:

Speed Limiter to 130?

Thanks Guys! Much appriciated. One other thing, I thought I read that the speed limiter could be adjusted up to 130. I can't change it from 185 kph (114.5 mph). Is there some way around that.

My buddies Harley will break 115!

Last edited:
It should be under tune constants.

I haven't spent any time looking at the R3T maps, but does anyone know if the ignition can be advanced in the lower gears? Or does the R3T not have that restriction?

For an R3T tune, when you go into tune constants and try to raise the speed limit, it won't allow you to.

Wayne will provide you with a tune up to 130 mph, the limit of the stock rear tire. Now, if you were to tell him you were planning to run a car tire with even higher capability, well who knows??? But Doug is right, the canned tunes don't allow for modification of top speed.

Ahh, I forgot about that. What about timing? Are there any power restrictions in the first few gears like on the standard and classic?

Thank you again, 130 is enough on that bike. I'll ask Wayne about it. I'm coming off a BMW K1200R so I'd like a little more than 115, but I've been up to that speed once already and the bike didn't seem to like it much. I can see front springs and rear shocks in the future. I weigh 270 and have the rear shocks one off full stiff. Any of you changed front springs and oil yet?

Archer

All the restrictions are pretty much the same as the Standard/Classic, just more so. The biggest restrictions are in the secondaries. I don't remember the stock numbers but they are mostly below 50% open across the board. As I recall the timing doesn't need to be changed radically, but the fuel obviously needs to be increased as intake and exhaust are opened up.

Back