Tune ECU rocket3 GT for Australia.

No mate let it idle for 15 mins then ride,Believe me it turns into Godzilla
what does the 15min idle do, i did my flash today, and followed what tuneecu said turn her off then back on after the flash, but didnt see anything about 15min idle

what does the 15min idle do, i did my flash today, and followed what tuneecu said turn her off then back on after the flash, but didnt see anything about 15min idle
it lets the ECU adjust to the changes you have given it...you can actually hear the idle change as it goes thru these adjustments.

it lets the ECU adjust to the changes you have given it...you can actually hear the idle change as it goes thru these adjustments.
well wish the fecking software would actually tell you that, guess i better flash it again tomorrow and then do the idle

I was also under the impression that was the old 15min tune thing that was if you did adaptations or idle tune.

well wish the fecking software would actually tell you that, guess i better flash it again tomorrow and then do the idle

I was also under the impression that was the old 15min tune thing that was if you did adaptations or idle tune.
Yeah, not really necessary. It adjusts as you ride...

ok cool no need to pull all my kit out again, ill just butt dyno it on the road tomorrow :p
Yup. The "15 minute idle" is how you force the bike to "redo" it's adaptions (according to the service manual), which states:
"If the read out indicates that the motorcycle is not adapted, the following will force the system to make adaptions:
1. Make sure the engine is cold.
2. WITHOUT TOUCHING THE THROTTLE, start the engine and allow it to warm up until the cooling fan comes on.
3. Leave the engine to idle for a further 12 minutes."

And they mention you can use the tool to manually reset it as well, which is what TuneECU does. But to quote the lead-in section of the service manual:

"The engine management system fitted to this model is adaptive. This means that the system is able to learn about new or changing operating conditions and continuously adapt itself without needing to constantly make major adjustments from a fixed baseline setting.

Adaptive changes can become necessary because of changing rider behaviour, changes in the region in which the bike is operated (i.e. operation at high altitude where it was previously used at sea level) or because a new part may have been fitted which has slightly different characteristics to the old part. All adaptive changes are automatic and require no intervention by rider or dealer."

Last edited:
i didnt even bother with sitting there idle this morning, just took her for a blat.. boy that tune wakes up the lower gears, now i need to go see XXX suspension and get them to dial in the front she was a tad skittish.

Hmm. This looks interesting Gentlemen.

I did use tuneecu back in the day on my old 2005 Rocket. Looks like the bluetooth seems to be the biggest change.

So the Penner map removes restrictions in the lower gears and makes some throttle map improvements? And in Oz we need to use the Rest of the World maps?

Looks like I have some more research to do…🤣

I did use tuneecu back in the day on my old 2005 Rocket. Looks like the bluetooth seems to be the biggest change.

So the Penner map removes restrictions in the lower gears and makes some throttle map improvements? And in Oz we need to use the Rest of the World maps?

Penner’s tunes remove restrictions in all gears at wide open throttle and above around 50% throttle depending on which Penner tune you look at. These tunes also add some fuel in the mid range (but not at the top end).

I installed 31013...US Rocket3 GT Full Power on my 2020 GT and then again on my 2022 Triple Black GT and theyre fine...im in NZ.....They pull like a school boy!

Back