tune boy problem

triumphdude76

.040 Over
Ride
2008 Rocket 3 touring
I got a tuneboy and i conected it to the bike after loading the progrom on my computer. Turned the bike on hooked up the cable. Now i cant pull up the ECU#
so i can get the unlock key. Anyone have any ideas?:(

failed with error code 3
failed with error code 5

Last edited:
You need to make sure you have the right com port set on the properties screen. Also make sure the correct Serial to USB drivers were loaded.

I got a tuneboy and i conected it to the bike after loading the progrom on my computer. Turned the bike on hooked up the cable. Now i cant pull up the ECU#
so i can get the unlock key. Anyone have any ideas?:(

failed with error code 3
failed with error code 5

Check the Tuneboy site for the lengthy tutorial on how to install the Driver for the Tuneboy Cable.

Ecu

Make sure you have a R3 tune loaded in tune edit otherwise it can't communicate with the ECU. It doesn't matter which tune as long as it is for your make and model.

Merry Christmas

Gothlander

I had a tune loaded for the bike and it still didn't work.
so now i got the ECU # off the ECU by pulling the right side cover off and looking at it.
i e-mail newbonivlle to get the key.
hope it works now.:confused:

I got the computer to pull the code.
bike run switch on the handle bars must be in run.:D

Last edited:
so now i got the ECU # off the ECU by pulling the right side cover off and looking at it.

OH YEAH THAT! :eek:

In the properties box, are you seeing "USB serial port" to the right of "serial port" and the USB box checked to the right of cable type? Sounds like it's not connecting - driver problem - see above - major pain in the butt to get the cable driver to work but you have to do it.

Last edited:
Back