TTS header vs standard

Yep the bikes back from bearing replacement/ few gearbox upgrades that warp recommended. It feels great now, no more whining shaft noise and no more missed shifts into second under heavy throttle. I have to pop in a new battery so I can get connected to the ECU reliably and reflash it with the latest version of tuneboy and a livemap.

Then order new header gaskets and get the collector modified, will probably take a week or two but I will report back when its done.

Yep the bikes back from bearing replacement/ few gearbox upgrades that warp recommended. It feels great now, no more whining shaft noise and no more missed shifts into second under heavy throttle. I have to pop in a new battery so I can get connected to the ECU reliably and reflash it with the latest version of tuneboy and a livemap.

Then order new header gaskets and get the collector modified, will probably take a week or two but I will report back when its done.
Are there any news on these TTS headers? I am going to make up my mind to get one of these to optimize my engine revision with new JE high compression pistons 10.5:1 and new cams from Neville.
Regards, Georg

Yup I have had it fitted and running for a while now. It feeds into a pair of 2.5inch bore silencers. Sounds great and a nice power improvement through the rev range, especially at the upper end of things where it keeps pulling hard to redline rather than running out of puff like the original header. Closest canned map that I could find to suit was one for ramair filter and viking exhaust. (I have a ramair filter as well) The map is still far from perfect but it will get it up and running decently.

Are there any news on these TTS headers? I am going to make up my mind to get one of these to optimize my engine revision with new JE high compression pistons 10.5:1 and new cams from Neville.
Regards, Georg
Not to sound arrogant or mean, but I’d rather cut off my own d!&k than put that monstrosity on my bike. There are waAaay better options in my opinion.

I have been considering the TTS header. I like it because it maintains the stock look.

Jvheli please tell what are those "waAaay better options" that still maintain the stock look ?

I have been considering the TTS header. I like it because it maintains the stock look.

Jvheli please tell what are those "waAaay better options" that still maintain the stock look ?
Well none look stock. Never said it would. But if that’s your thing, go for it. My point is bigger with no other changes doesn’t make sense to me. The pipes from stock are a terrible, power robbing design. But it’s just one fellas opinion. Perhaps overstated, but just my opinion.

As at us in Germany any changes from OEM to custom parts, especially in the technical area, will have to be approved by the authorities, it is useful to mount something that looks like OEM. If modifications do not attract direct attention to them, it sometimes works. Otherwise you will have a lot of charges for official technical approval. That´s why I´m interested in these TTS headers, but only if they have a positive effect on my newly built engine with 10.5:1 pistons and new cams. If it makes absolutely no sense in terms of supporting my basic modifications, I would like to renounce it.
Georg

As at us in Germany any changes from OEM to custom parts, especially in the technical area, will have to be approved by the authorities, it is useful to mount something that looks like OEM. If modifications do not attract direct attention to them, it sometimes works. Otherwise you will have a lot of charges for official technical approval. That´s why I´m interested in these TTS headers, but only if they have a positive effect on my newly built engine with 10.5:1 pistons and new cams. If it makes absolutely no sense in terms of supporting my basic modifications, I would like to renounce it.
Georg
My thoughts in that case is put on what you want and keep the stock system for inspections. If that’s the concern you have....

My thoughts in that case is put on what you want and keep the stock system for inspections. If that’s the concern you have....
Not the easiest thing to do when you've been pulled over by Mr. Plod! If it is purely for the yearly inspection that would make sense.

I believe that the TTS Stock style header would be an improvement over stock, but by how much I'm not sure.
It is larger in diameter in both the primary tubes and the tail pipe, and there is slight nod towards flow with the center and rear pipes.

IMG_0184.JPG

It's a bit of a mongrel looking thing, but I believe that the stock covers will fit, so what it looks like doesn't really matter.

IMG_0186.JPG

Back