Triumph Summer Windshield Modification

garyculb

.020 Over
After seeing some modifications to the Triumph Summer Windshield I combined a couple. From our friends in the British Islands; RIII Owners Club (UK) I utilized their SS/ Chrome Screen Embellisher. Then painted/ pin striped the lower portion of the Triumph Summer Windshield as done by one of members in the atlanta area . The glare from all the chrome was very distracting in the summer. Posted in the Album at
Went to a Harley Free Food event yesterday and got alot of lookers. They were most impressed with the engine, power and price. Had to take on some V-Rods. Left them in the dust.

Gary

Last edited:
The darkened lower section can be quite an advantage. Several late afternoon/early evening sunset rides were quite blinding. And for a cyclops that can be quite a hazard.

That works quite well with your paint color as well.

Radiator Grill Embellisher

Got the Radiator Grill Embellisher from our friends in the Britian; RIII Owners Club (UK). Easy install. It bolts on to the radiator. The RIII Owners Club (UK club regalia represenative is Dorne. Check out;
http://r111.proboards79.com/index.cgi?board=stuff&action=display&thread=1178484416
I joined there club. You get a bit of a discount. Keep in mind the exchange rate is terrible at the present time.

Gary:bch:

After seeing some modifications to the Triumph Summer Windshield I combined a couple. From our friends in the British Islands; RIII Owners Club (UK) I utilized their SS/ Chrome Screen Embellisher. Then painted/ pin striped the lower portion of the Triumph Summer Windshield as done by one of members in the atlanta area . Gary

What type of paint did you use (Krylon, Rustoleum, etc) and how durable do you think it will be? Do you know if it can it be removed at a later time without damage to the shield?

It's a great idea.

John

We used regular flat black Krylon paint. You do not need to sand down the windscreen to make it adhere but, thats what I did. Longevity is probably good. My windscreen will never be clear again. Thats OK. The glare reduction is fantastic.

Gary:bch:

Back