Triumph shift kit for 2.5L

I think this feature accelerates rear tire wear. I still think it is worth the extra money and having to replace the rear more often is just evidence of more fun.

The quick shift is a great fun asset. You’ll enjoy it I’m sure. Careful on the down shift in the turns. I prefer to clutch that situation.;)
does it means that you can still use the clutch in that situation ?
I hear that KTM allows to disconnect the quickshifter unlike Triumph ?

Does anyone have the triumph quick shifter installed??
My bikes getting it's first service next week and I'm wondering if it's worth the 500 price tag installing it while it's there.
Thanks for any feedback
I'm happy to have found this topic (but maybe not so much my savings) as I may decide to go for one on my R3R.

Looks like there are 2 schools : for or against the quickshifter. Over here on a multibrands forum, the majority is in favor and is actually surprised that I did not order my R3 with a quickshifter !
As one said : the quickshifter is the most useless and with most fun option, this is why it is indispensable !

I am curious to know what the dealer mechanic will tell me (more ? less ? or similar risks of problems with a quickshifter vs none).

And I am not sure whether installing the quickshifter would change the gear selector position or not. This may be a disadvantage for me as the standard position on my R fits perfectly.
Ref. : ". The TSA kit cannot be used with the original gear pedal" from :

Would need to test a R3 with a shifter to definitively make up my mind...

Last edited:
The different pedal is just to hook up to the shifter. Doesn't change the foot-operating position at all..

does it means that you can still use the clutch in that situation ?
I hear that KTM allows to disconnect the quickshifter unlike Triumph ?
You can use either the assist or clutch ant time you want. It is a fun toy. I would bet that those against on the Rocket do not have one on theirs. If you add it you will like it.

You can use either the assist or clutch ant time you want.
Great news ! This option is definitively key to me today before testing the quickshifter (It may be secondary then)

It is a fun toy. I would bet that those against on the Rocket do not have one on theirs. If you add it you will like it.
I'd say the same given the unanimity "all over the planet" being excited about it whether coming, over here, from an owner of a Tiger 1200 XRT :
with the original quickshifter. It is a feast to operate both "up" and "down.
or from another with a Street Triple RS :
the quickshifter is the most useless and fun option on the road, that's why it is essential !

I still wonder what the mechanic will tell about reliability given that the more electronics the more potential problems in general. But since the quickshifter has been rather common since several years, I assume that the risk of additional problems should be marginal (?).

I imagine that the sensations must be a bit like sequential manual gearboxes on sport cars (which I like) but before testing, I am rather in the same spirit as what is reported in this article:
The Ferrari 458 Italia was only sold in a seven-speed sequential gearbox. It is the best choice sports car manufacturers can make to maximize the performance of their racing car. For some drivers, even if it is not more efficient, the manual gearbox is a pleasure to be enjoyed without moderation. They have the impression of "living the car better", disengaging with the left foot and playing the gear lever with their right hand. An American company - European Auto Group - has thought of them, and is converting a Ferrari 458 Italia to a manual gearbox! European Auto Group | San Antonio, TX | 210-780-7660

In short, I'll definitively need to test one but unfortunately (really ?) I guess it will be another Triumph model given that the R3 does not come with a standard quickshifter, I'll also need to have a chat with the mechanic, then I should know whether this is for me or not. To follow.

Apparently, a R3R with a quickshifter...

Last edited:
Looks like that the rider can decide to disconnect the quick shift (similarly to KTM') when I look at the manual as per the extract below.
And by the way, I wonder why exactly Triumph allows (if it is confirmed) to disconnect the quick shift since one can still decide to use the clutch even when the shift is connected ?

1607263737342.png

Last edited:
I have to admit: on the TFC I only use the clutch for starting at 0 - all the other gear changes made by the Quick Shifter are much smoother than I could have ever done it by myself...
Does it have to be turned on at the first service? At over 1,000 miles I've yet to notice any difference between my TFC's shifting and that of my other bikes which do not have quick-shift...A mystery.

Back