Free Postage
Item location:
Seven Hills, New South Wales, Australia

Posts to:
Australia

Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster 07 Genuine Clock | eBay
upload_2017-6-25_17-15-17.png

upload_2017-6-25_17-15-51.png

@Ishrub I wonder if I could pick your brain about a nit related to the clock.

As someone said, they are still available from the Triumph parts bin, and I ordered one.

The nit about which I am inquiring, is the really thin rubber ring that was supplied to fill the gap between the bezel of the clock face and the chrome cup that forms the rear of the unit.

This ring is surprisingly loose and with no tension at all, I have found impossible (so far) to maneuver the shell onto the unit without warping the ring and having a bit stick out -- both unsightly and ineffective.

No idea mate never seen one in the flesh though I did see a part on eBay last week for a replacement rubber seal for Rocket 3 Instruments it said. Could have been the wrong seal provided for your clock I suppose, did it come sealed in the box with the clock? You have the clock they are smaller diameter than the R3 instrument pods aren't they? Yep much smaller so unlikely yours could be for the much bigger tach or speedo.
£145.00 for EU citizens

£120.83 - Less 20% for us other Internationals:):thumbsup:
LSL CLOCK KIT
Part No: A9938019

Triumph Clock Kit | A9938019

upload_2017-6-25_22-45-12.png

Yeah, the ring was in the box with the clock, and no, it couldn't be for the larger instruments. It reminds me of rubber bands that have sat somewhere for a long time and "go stale" - no longer "stretchy" and (in the case of rubber bands) break easily when stressed.

This instrument "seal" is floppy loose, just by a bit, but loose nevertheless.

I'm wondering about maybe cutting a short length and perhaps using some adhesive to join the ends, say at the bottom ?

Found it:
NEW 08-16 TRIUMPH ROCKET III NOS INSTRUMENT GASKET RUBBER BAND GAUGE
NEW 08-16 TRIUMPH ROCKET III NOS INSTRUMENT GASKET RUBBER BAND GAUGE

US $24.95
Approximately £19.59
Postage: USA $6.50 Expedited Shipping | See details
Australia - US $22.50 (approx. £17.66) USPS First Class Mail International / First Class Package International Service | See details
International items may be subject to customs processing and additional charges.

Item location:
Spokane, Washington, United States

upload_2017-6-25_23-3-40.png
upload_2017-6-25_23-9-21.png

Yeah, the ring was in the box with the clock, and no, it couldn't be for the larger instruments. It reminds me of rubber bands that have sat somewhere for a long time and "go stale" - no longer "stretchy" and (in the case of rubber bands) break easily when stressed.

This instrument "seal" is floppy loose, just by a bit, but loose nevertheless.

I'm wondering about maybe cutting a short length and perhaps using some adhesive to join the ends, say at the bottom ?

Just go to a hardware shop or plumbers trade store and get a similar or same size one and try that, heaps cheaper and probably better quality especially if silicone.

@mexican Lupe may be able to assist.

Back