Triumph Quit Ignoring Your Ignition Problems

TDRAGGER, I'm not too familiar with forums, so I'm struggeling to find the right buttons to push...:) I'll look for the introduction section soon. I do have the 2008 Touring (two tone blue, hard bags, skinny tire). Thanks for the info. I'll look it up now. Thanks!

Hey mate. Click on "Forums" in a bar across the top of the pages here. Then click on "Introduce Yourself", which is at the top of the list. Then click "New Thread" or add yourself to the "Welcome" thread.

I have looked on the EB website but can't really tell which kit I would need for my Roadster, with the low beam cut out switch.
Can someone give me the right steer here.
Does the EB kits just require routing the wiring and plugging in, is it that simple.

Use this link: Link Removed

The Roadster uses the same kits as the Standard and Classic.

Tdragger, Is the rely kit difficult to fit, is it only a matter of unplugging and plugging the new wiring.

The kit is very easy to install...although the directions at first glance seem daunting. However, read over the install notes, take a few minutes after raising the tank and removing the headlight bulbs to survey the wiring....and it will all become crystal clear.

Once I did this, took me less than 1/2 hour to complete the job and be back on the bike with no further worries of a failed ignition leaving me stuck in BFE.

I purchased my 2008 rocket3 new in sep. 2010. My key switch quit the 1st time the next summer. Didn't even last a year. Left me stranded after work. I took it back to the shop I bought it from and there it sat for a mouth. The mechanic said he couldn't make it not start. Didn't know where to start looking. Thought it must be a relay and would look on his computer to figer out where to find them (not shere what kind a bike mechanic can't find a relay on a bike). After 3 weeks finly ordered a key switch. I finally got it back and now 9 mouths later I was at my moms house for mothers day and after showing off my rocket to my dad and his friends it failed agin. How inbarasing. Have not owned it 2 years and it failed twice. My cusen told my about R3Owners. I'm glad to know I'm not alone, but it don't help me have confidence in my bike or the mechanic that worked on it last. I am taking it to the shop tomaro and will tell the new mechanic to read about the upgrade I red about tonight. Thank you

Welcome aboard Enapper. Sorry to hear about your problems. Not exactly sure what your problem is but if you've turned the key and got nothing - no lights, nothing - then there's a little trick that might get you out of trouble. Turn the bars quickly to each side hitting against the stops quite firmly. Sometimes this jolts it back to life. Of course you'll still have the problem and it will happen again but at least it will get you mobile.

Good luck and let us know how you go with the mechanic.

like so many others my 07 rocket left me stranded in durango colo. 2yrs back luckily dealer in alb. n.m. fit me in and got it fixed with spare parts laying around (the only thing that dealer did right) yesterday my oldest sons 05 rocket left him standed guess why dealer we talked to said they were taking care of the problem a couple years back (but did they let the owners know? NO THEY DID NOT?) but now you have to buy the ignition switch with the upgrade switch alone is close to 200 dollars then carry the old key for fuel tank and seat lock ( which is on backorder 2 to 3 weeks away) or buy ignition switch with upgrade fuel lock seat lock for 400 dollars which they have on shelf right now but wont split set up for you

maybe someone out there can explain the trick with the toggle switch bypassing the ignition? to help others broke down it would be something surely to carry in emerg. as if you think we would need it

Back