Triumph Quit Ignoring Your Ignition Problems

..the one in the link I posted is made specifically for the Rocket III..it has longer leads enabling the relays to be hid under the tank, and the light bulb connectors aren't snapped together yet, enabling you to push them through the rear of the buckets before attaching them to the bulbs..

I don't have much experence with forums, but I can't resist this time. I have a 2008 Rocket III tourer, and I just experienced the ignition problem. Actually while reading SCOWHERD's experience, I couldn't help but laugh because I also had to depend on my wife's sporster 883 super low to save my butt. After a quick fill up, when I went to start the bike, I had absolutly no power to anything. It's in my garage now, but I'm not sure how to handle this problem. Since this is a known problem, I'm hoping that I can get some good advise. I did pickup on the thought that this is linked to my headlight. Is this correct? I'm out of warranty. What's my best move?

IMHO I would get rid go the triumph ingtion once and for all ... I installed a simple toggle switch to replace it to get back on the road and finish out the riding season ... And plan to install a guarddawg rfid keyless ingtion and alarm .....

..the one in the link I posted is made specifically for the Rocket III..it has longer leads enabling the relays to be hid under the tank, and the light bulb connectors aren't snapped together yet, enabling you to push them through the rear of the buckets before attaching them to the bulbs..

If you have a R3T there is room in the headlight shell for the relays. Depending on how skilled you are with a fish tape there is no need to raise tank to install kit. Very easy to do, no cutting or splicing just plug in and go.

Steve, did you ever get a reply from Triumph?

I know its a bit late, but I will add my story as well.

I HAD an 08 Touring, the ignition switch went out at arround 15000 miles I think it was. I had it repaired under warranty. I got it back and a few days later left for Arkansas, from Georgia. The day we were leaving arkansas to head back home, I lost all electrical again and had to be towed to Branson, Missouri. There were no Triumph dealerships within a reasonable distance. Rent a U-haul and load the R3T and my wifes Honda on it and head back home. Get it back in the shop and apparently the wiring harness for the ignition switch had burned up, I'm assuming it had something to do with improper instillation of the ignition switch. About 8 months later, I start having problems intermittenly, but the shop can't find anything wrong. About a week and a half after it was last in the shop, I lost all electrical again, presumably the ignition switch again. It was no longer under warranty and I was fed up with dealing with it, so I traded for a Harley.

I know we are supposed to be talking about ignition switch problems, but I have to mention, I had my R3T for about 35 months,and I would guestimate that it was in the shop for about 9 months of that for various reasons.

So help me get things clear.
H4 Dual Headlight Weatherproof Relay Kit w/Lo Cut
EB kit with Fusepanel Main Leads ,with fuseholder-battery connect then I need to order a switch?
about $78.59 USD with out the switch?:confused:

TDRAGGER, I'm not too familiar with forums, so I'm struggeling to find the right buttons to push...:) I'll look for the introduction section soon. I do have the 2008 Touring (two tone blue, hard bags, skinny tire). Thanks for the info. I'll look it up now. Thanks!

I have looked on the EB website but can't really tell which kit I would need for my Roadster, with the low beam cut out switch.
Can someone give me the right steer here.
Does the EB kits just require routing the wiring and plugging in, is it that simple.

Back