Triumph (Life Cycle) verses Harley

I dont agree Flip, all the Harley riders I know have the same complaints about when they got their Harley's. Life Cycle has certain things that Triumph asks them to do for their bikes when someone buys them. So for some of it might be Dealership verses Dealership but mostly it is Brand verses Brand. All the people I have talked to besides a few are very impressed with their dealerships where they purchased their Triumphs because of the things that Triumph asks the dealers to do for bikes purchased. I must have missed the sticky on spelling is required to post here.

Freak

If that's a fair statement, which, it may be from your perspective, then why do the HD riders I talk to as well as the HD riders on the USCA forum all seem to have praise for their dealers as well as the bikes. To further that, my longtime riding partner Jim, has a Softail Springer and "0" complaints about the bike or the dealer. To each his own. I wouldn't bash a potato bike, especially when I owned one. That's absurd.

What I'm saying is that you are demeaning the dealer and I know there is only one dealer in Kazoo and at the same time you are touting about your safe rider class at that same dealer and Life Cycle. Don't call the kettle black and expect that dealer to help you with your safety class. I'd be willing to wager that his attitude toward you would change if he read your post, which, by the way, is viewable by the public. He's helping you further your cause and you are jamming him. That is neither ethically or morally right.

Your spelling errors have absolutely nothing to do with phonetics. It's your typing. Many spell checkers are shareware, download one. You claim to be a leader, not a follower. Show us.

What I have found about the HD dealers in our area (75% owned by the same family) they are nice and willing to be friendly to a certain extent but press too hard and the attitude changes to they could give a **** about you.

A few years ago my uncle went to the local HD dealer and wanted to buy a heritage soft tail classic. They had one in the showroom but he wanted the upgraded factory paint and factory alarm, so he told them to order it, he was willing to wait to get what he wanted. They told him it would be at least three months, no problem he said. About one month later they called him and said it was in. He picked it up and took it home. He watched the video about how to operate the alarm but couldn't get it to work. So the next week he took it back to the dealer. He was standing outside with the salesman and sales manager while they were trying to arm the alarm. A service tech walks up and asks "Is this the bike we sent out to paint?" They had taken the one off of the showroom floor (that he refused to buy) and sent it to some local guy to be painted like the factory job and they didn't install an alarm because they figured he wouldn't notice, but they gave him the video. He immediately told them to take the bike back, they refused. He had to file a law suit and go as far as deposing the employees and owner before they would resolve it. HD wouldn't get involved.

I don't agree Flip, all the Harley riders I know have the same complaints about when they got their Harley's.

I am sure most every harley rider has had a complaint when purchasing their bike. I would complain too if I had to take it in the ass for $25,000 for one of those machines.

As long as they are selling so many bikes they could care less about pissing a customer or two off, the $$ is the bottom line. They feel they are the only ones selling "real" motorcycles. I think that attitude is in the back of every HD dealer's mind, some show it quicker than others.

Triumph dealers seem to be real hit or miss. Triumph doesn't command the quality of service from their dealers like the other major marques can. Most dealers are true mom and pop operations. That is why word of mouth is so important, to help weed out the crappy ones and protect fellow owners and potential owners from shying away from the brand because of poor service at the retail end of things.

A First of all Flip if you dont like reading my posts, dont read them. Pretty simple process. Next, where did I say I bought the bike in Kalamazoo? I didnt buy my Harley in Kalamazoo. I never said anything against my Harley, it wasnt the bikes fault, I was comparing how my Harley was when I picked it up and what my Rocket was like. If your friends which obviously I didnt talk to, had a great experience when they picked up there Harley that's great. I didnt, I am bashing no one or dealership. Just my experience. Actually where I bought my Halrey is no longer in business. I very highly recommend both Perry HD and Life Cycle both.

Maybe you should find out the facts before posting something that is totally a false statement, by saying that the dealership in Kalamazoo is where I bought my bike, when I didnt buy it in Kalamazoo. I have nothing bad to say whatsoever about Perry HD in Kalamazoo where part of our classes are held, he has been nothing but helpful with our classes. I am not saying anything against Harley in any way, even if I didnt ride one I wouldnt talk down another motorcycle, or call it a name other than what it is called, I try not to be rude. I still ride my Harley and will continue to ride it.

Freak

Last edited:
"0" Harley owner complaints

Most Harley riders don't put enough miles on their bikes for a problem to crop up, which i would guess would make SideCars statement somewhat true? :rolleyes: Bigern

A First of all Flip if you dont like reading my posts, dont read them. Pretty simple process. Next, where did I say I bought the bike in Kalamazoo? I didnt buy my Harley in Kalamazoo. I never said anything against my Harley, it wasnt the bikes fault, I was comparing how my Harley was when I picked it up and what my Rocket was like. If your friends which obviously I didnt talk to, had a great experience when they picked up there Harley that's great. I didnt, I am bashing no one or dealership. Just my experience. Actually where I bought my Halrey is no longer in business. I very highly recommend both Perry HD and Life Cycle both.

Maybe you should find out the facts before posting something that is totally a false statement, by saying that the dealership in Kalamazoo is where I bought my bike, when I didnt buy it in Kalamazoo. I have nothing bad to say whatsoever about Perry HD in Kalamazoo where part of our classes are held, he has been nothing but helpful with our classes. I am not saying anything against Harley in any way, even if I didnt ride one I wouldnt talk down another motorcycle, or call it a name other than what it is called, I try not to be rude. I still ride my Harley and will continue to ride it.

Freak

PF:

I'm impressed. No mis-spelled words in this post.....:)
Your punctuation still needs a little help. Try typing a little more slowly and then read your post for errors, I'm sure you will catch them.

Interestingly, you state and I quote "I am not saying anything against Harley in any way, even if I didnt ride one I wouldnt talk down another motorcycle"..........

But, and I quote a previous post in this same thread verbatim; "When I picked up my Harley Road King in 2003, it was filthy, the pillion seat was about ready to fall off, the pet cock was so look it could be turned with the fingers and was leaking." (sic: loose)

I believe I have the facts straight as you posted them. When you make a statement, make sure you have your ducks in a row and it's always good to re-read your own posts.

In so much as not reading your posts, I find them enjoyable in an banal sort of way.

Wow! Lighten up guys, life is way too short! If you want an adrenilene rush get on your bike, not on the internet! And yes I am sure I spelled adrenilene wrong, but who really cares.:soapbox:

Raymond:

Not I, not in the slightest. You aren't a weathervane either. I remember a girl named "adrenilene" in high school. Nice legs.:D

What everyone is missing is the fact that the one thing HD has done well is MARKETING. Dealers are always in huge stylish HD metroplex's. Drive thru any major town and you see the complexs from the superslab's. Any $300.00 pick-up proudly displays the Bar & Shield. People that couldn't afford a a foot peg have a Harley shirt. Rumor has it that a dealer is required to have $1,500,000.00 in Inventory. These people know how to capitilize on what they have spent 100 years building. There are other manufactures that have the following that H-D has. But nobody has taken it to the level they have. If you haven't been in a Harley Shop lately or looked through all the catalogs for gizmos & gadgets. (If nothing else just stop to take a whiz) (that always makes me feel good). Everywhere you go you see H-D. Triumph has been around longer and probably has not had any leaner times than Harley. (i.e. AMF:roll: ) Theres not that much difference in the iron. Just nobody has put the effort in the marketing. How many of us are sporting a Triumph logo on our 4 wheeled ride?????????:rolleyes:

I never talked about anyone elses motorcycle it is my own, it isnt against the motorcycle the bike had nothing to do with it, it is against the way the service department set it up or didnt set it up. Flip I dont understand what your problem is with me, but it is on you, not me, from now on out I will not post any reply to your posts against me. I see others not spelling words to your specs and you say nothing, so it is obvious to me that you are just trying to find things against me, so be it, you wont be the first or last.

Freak

Last edited:
Back