Big Si

.040 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 Classic 2006
Flyscreen chrome 1.jpg
Flyscreen chrome 2.jpg

After trying to find a used one with no success I bit the bullet and bought a new sports/fly screen. It has been on the bike for a month and in that time the bike has only done 20-30 miles due to weather and work. So, Good Friday, the Easter bank holiday weekend comes along, with great weather. I wheel my awesome steed out from the garage and notice the chrome on the right hand screen bracket is literally peeling off!! FFS!!!:mad::mad:

Not a happy bunny (as Blade Triumph's parts manager will testify)

Last edited by a moderator:
Flyscreen chrome 1.jpg
Flyscreen chrome 2.jpg

After trying to find a used one with no success I bit the bullet and bought a new sports/fly screen. It has been on the bike for a month and in that time the bike has only done 20-30 miles due to weather and work. So, Good Friday, the Easter bank holiday weekend comes along, with great weather. I wheel my awesome steed out from the garage and notice the chrome on the right hand screen bracket is literally peeling off!! FFS!!!:mad::mad:

Not a happy bunny (as Blade Triumph's parts manager will testify)

Had mine some time and all ok looks like you got a faulty one...bad luck or I think we’d have heard more about it.
FUI...I just picked up a new fixing kit for $30...search seems like these are being cleared out at huge discounts.

Blade Triumph at Cheltenham have had a new bracket delivered, so I'll shoot over next week and they will swap it over. I have just fitted a pair of Dave Platt "shotgun" exhausts so I might get them to do a tune at the same time.

Any advice on the tune I should ask for, it's basically a 3-1-2 straight thru', no cat??

Any advice on the tune I should ask for, it's basically a 3-1-2 straight thru', no cat??
I don't imagine that Triumph dealers will have any tunes other than the stock and for the Tors pipes. Have a nose around the resources section at the top of the page. Will need a proper dyno tune to sort those pipes out.

I don't imagine that Triumph dealers will have any tunes other than the stock and for the Tors pipes. Have a nose around the resources section at the top of the page. Will need a proper dyno tune to sort those pipes out.

Is there a numpty version (?), because to be honest, lot of this tech stuff, I don't understand.:(

Si, do you have Tune Ecu and the lonelec cable to access the ECU? You need to find out what tune you already have in there and replace it with something a little 'better' or more suited to your set up. Most of the base tunes needed are in the resource section here. Once the base tune is loaded, you can get it fine tuned on the dyno. Need to find a Dyno tuner who is capable of adjusting the maps. @Nat67 knows of a place near Bristol who can help..

JHS dyno , keynsham . Located between Bristol and Bath . I'm not sure if he will tune via tune ecu ? I am up there Tues morning for a 're map , will ask if he does it !

Nat and Grumpy OC, thanks for your help, as I said earlier, I have no idea what I'm doing here regarding tuning:thumbsup: I'm about an hour +15 from Keynsham

Back