Traveling to the USA

Me thinks that time of year, four wheels would serve much better.
The Siskiyou Mountains are often brutal weather that time of year.
If you be serious, we should work something out. :thumbsup:

I am serious and don't call me Shirley!! :p

Unfortunately my motorcycle is my only mode of transportation so............ Snow tires it is :thumbsup: :D

I am serious and don't call me Shirley!! :p
Unfortunately my motorcycle is my only mode of transportation so............ Snow tires it is :thumbsup: :D

Well then, SHIRLEY, if you can get here, we shall take my Jeep to BC. :rolleyes:

I saw the recent black dog ride in the U.S on the TV. There were a number of Aussies who had their own bikes shipped over. Wonder what that costs versus hiring?

To ship my Roadster both ways to Vancouver and back to Melbourne with Get Routed bike transport was about $6300 because it is over 2.3m long . so its cheaper to hire a big tourer than shipping your bike .

And thanks for all the help so far , and i am glad others have been able to use my post as a long distance relationship meet up thread .:D:whitstling:

To ship my Roadster both ways to Vancouver and back to Melbourne with Get Routed bike transport was about $6300 because it is over 2.3m long . so its cheaper to hire a big tourer than shipping your bike .

And thanks for all the help so far , and i am glad others have been able to use my post as a long distance relationship meet up thread .:D:whitstling:

Be cheaper to buy a bike over there , guess that's why lots of blokes do. Sell it when finished travelling.

Be cheaper to buy a bike over there , guess that's why lots of blokes do. Sell it when finished travelling.

Could one buy a decent Roadster in OZ for $20,000 AUD?
If I had about $15K USD on hand it would be cool to buy a Roadster then sell after leaving OZ.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM . .

Back