Traveling to the USA

I've been X-country 4 times and find the best part of the trip is crossing the Mississippi River going west.. I really liked Virgina visiting the civil war areas. Getting back to the east coast Vermont is the prettiest and most rural. The traffic here in Massachusetts is brutal along the coast that time of year. If you like baseball Cooperstown is a fantastic place to ride and visit in upper state NY which will take you into Vermont. Marthas Vineyard is another one of my favorite rides . Nova Scotia is the ultimate scenic ride you take the Cat boat if your short on time from Maine and your headed for a different world of sea coasts sea food and great hospitality.

Attachments

• IMG_1259.JPG
    IMG_1259.JPG
    495.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 19248_1229478734652_2218344_n.jpg
    19248_1229478734652_2218344_n.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I was there early July and we had the Dragon mostly to ourselves. Deals Gap was near empty. We had to dodge rain but got in two days dry enough to smoke the Dragon 8 times!
Did spend two days in between those Dragon days at Maggie Valley over the July 4th watching it rain, rain, rain.
Still was WELL worth it!!!

FYI - I also enjoyed the Cedar Island Ferry ride to the Outer Banks (Ocracoke) and the Hatteras-Ocracoke ferry and ride up through Kitty Hawk to the Wright Memorial Bridge.

Ok plans have changed , my buddies who are all HD riders (i know ) have decided to do Sturgis again . So the trip is going like this start Vancouver Canada down west coast then inland through to Sturgis and then back up into Canada across to Vancouver again . 3 weeks aprox riding etc then the wife and i will spend a week in Memphis and New Orlenes to rest up .
Its been hard trying to get prices for bike rental as some of the Canadian shops are closed for the season for hire bikes , so if anyone in Vancouver or near by can point me in the direction of a bike rental company it would be appreciated .

thanks Dave

Ok plans have changed , my buddies who are all HD riders (i know ) have decided to do Sturgis again . So the trip is going like this start Vancouver Canada down west coast then inland through to Sturgis and then back up into Canada across to Vancouver again . 3 weeks aprox riding etc then the wife and i will spend a week in Memphis and New Orlenes to rest up .
Its been hard trying to get prices for bike rental as some of the Canadian shops are closed for the season for hire bikes , so if anyone in Vancouver or near by can point me in the direction of a bike rental company it would be appreciated .

thanks Dave
I will be in Vancouver in December so IF I remember I will ask around for you.:thumbsup:

I will be in Vancouver in December so IF I remember I will ask around for you.:thumbsup:

Tony,
You really coming over to Vancouver, BC in December?
Just 3 hours away from me.
If you are coming into the US and have the time, I enjoy hooking up for a meal.

Tony,
Yes really!!!!
Sadly we have no plans to enter the US

Tony,
You can come and see us tho- we may not have a hire car all the time

You can come and see us tho- we may not have a hire car all the time

Well I do have to renew my passport . . .
I shall check into it regarding the time available.
I take it that a "Hire Car" is a rental and you shall be on business?

Back