Molinoman

Living Legend
Ride
2017 Polaris Slingshot
I know a few of you thought that I was looking to get the new tourer...even I thought I was going to get one (I know BusaJack was egging me on to get one). But since I made this trip this last week I have decided (unless I run into a big pile of money anytime soon...mighty unlikely, but if I did I'd keep my current one and then play with the idea again of having the tourer as well) to keep this one.

I've got the two headlight look that identifies it as a Triumph, I've got the additional horse power, if I'm one up I doubt I'll miss that additional 7 ft/lbs of torque (even the Gold Wing had only 125) I've got the big fat tire, the Corbin Bags, heated grips, throttle cruise lock, fog lights, sissy bar/pad and luggage rack, windshield and lower deflectors, 12V accessory plug, exhaust flange covers, new crash bars up front with Kuryakin foot pegs (put on for this trip...the Triumph ones I had ordered will not be available till May, the Zumo 550 motorcycle GPS, fuel gage and clock and the back rest on the seat.

With the T-Bag and T-Bag top roll set up I've got plenty of storage room, the bike doesn't even notice it's there and if I get a Russell Day Long saddle I have got an excellent Triumph tourer.

I think I'll stick with the hand I've got.

Dennis

Flip, I was just kidding about the t-shirt, though I did pick up an additional 3 Triumph t-shirts on my trip. I was serious though about trying to find one in Daytona that did not have a "Harley" tie in.
Dennis

You forgot more fuel capacity too.

I agree, I can't see trading in a nicely decked out RIII (for touring) for the RIII Tourer. You don't gain anything of significance and you lose fuel capacity, hp, and a LOT of money on the trade. Plus, how is that skinnier rear tire going to hold up to the additional torque? Logic says that the rear tire will get eaten up even faster. I guess the good news is there are a lot more choices for the rear tire than on the standard RIII so you could easily get a replacement on a long trip.

Back