Touring v Classic suspension

lionel

.060 Over
Just swapped the Classic for a Touring. The ride feels a lot smoother.

Following a route that I do often on some real bumpy roads, on small unevenness the Tourer glides over the bumps, compared with the Classic, on the larger sunken manhole covers the "bump" was not so hard, but felt softer.

So is the suspension softer?

Has anyone made any changes to make it an even more smoother ride?

Could it just be they are new shocks .. assuming your Touring is a new bike. How many miles did you have on your Classic/shocks ?

I think that the shocks on the Touring are the ones that are sold as the accessory 'comfort' shock for the rest of the Rockets

I think that the shocks on the Touring are the ones that are sold as the accessory 'comfort' shock for the rest of the Rockets

That's my understanding as well. What is definite is that the shocks on the classic/ roadster and the touring are not the same.

Yes, the Touring has considerably lighter springs than the Standards and classics.

The front fork design is different, as well. But neither have any form of dampening. The Touring forks have a design that allows the addition of cartridges or emulators. The standard/classic/roadster forks have an internal shaft that holds everything together, and does not allow cartridges or emulators.

Back