J1003K

.020 Over
Like some of you know from my first posts, I sold my Harley Electra Glide and bought a Rocket III. My wife misses the comfort and security of the tour pak, so...what do you think of the intial stages of my next modification? Has anyone done this yet?

Attachments

• Rocket w Tour Pak.JPG
    Rocket w Tour Pak.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 588
Looks like it was made for it. However that red coloring is going to slow your bike down a little.:D

BTW are you able to hook the taillights up?

I like it. my wife suffers from the same discomforts, Just sitting in the open seems to bug her. I have looked at different tail trunk/tour pak combinations, havn't seen one that catches my eye yet. I have triumph panniers and have considered corbin beetle bags. the way there lids flip up from the rear limits the size of the tail trunk that can still clear the lids. yours looks good. is that a spare part just laying around or a new purchase?

Tail trunk sounds better Tour Pak sounds so...so...Hardley-Dangerous

This is an eBay special off of an Electra Glide. The picture shows the tour pak as I was lining it up with the seat. I am currently building a mounting bracket it for it, and once I get it where my wife likes it, I will strip it down and paint it to match. I will be hooking up the tail lights on the tour pak (got to sit and stare at it for a couple more beers before I decide how I want to do it) as well as putting the backrest on for her.

If you look close in the upper right corner of the picture you will see my chopper frame. A few more parts and that will be ready to put together.

I like it. my wife suffers from the same discomforts, Just sitting in the open seems to bug her. I have looked at different tail trunk/tour pak combinations, havn't seen one that catches my eye yet.

I'm in tune...and I'm looking as well!

This is an eBay special off of an Electra Glide. The picture shows the tour pak as I was lining it up with the seat. I am currently building a mounting bracket it for it, and once I get it where my wife likes it, I will strip it down and paint it to match. I will be hooking up the tail lights on the tour pak (got to sit and stare at it for a couple more beers before I decide how I want to do it) as well as putting the backrest on for her.

If you look close in the upper right corner of the picture you will see my chopper frame. A few more parts and that will be ready to put together.

Another Creator in the making. What have you been thinking along the lines of a Chin?

I had to think about this for a while because I'm just an old farm boy from Iowa, but your reference to "Chin;" is that slang for "engine?" If so, and if your referring to the chopper, I am considering getting a TC88A and stroking it. It would just require an additional adapter plate for the transmission. If I am way out in left field, please let me know.

Last edited:
Now the next step is making it detachable. I'm going to have to go through the same process to get my wife on the back. My question is can the bike handle the extra load? I just had ask!!!!! :)

What a co-inkydink - I'm doing exactly the same thing. Just bought a black HD Tour Pak from FleaBay, and am pondering the mounting options. Just waiting for my new Russell Day long seat to arrive so I can have My Royal Sweetness (Mrs.) perch Herself comfortably and line up the Tour Pak.

I'm hoping to use the Triumph rack as the mounting platform, and wonder if it will support the Pak, contents etc. weight wise. The Pak weighs in at 32 lbs, plus whatever contents, so we need a sturdy mounting set up. The Triumph rack is mounted using the side rails (2 front mounting points), but the HD mounting system is a 4 point set up (2 front and 2 back).

Otherwise I'll have to fabricate something from scratch. I'm not a welder, but willing to learn.

I'd be very interested to see how you end up mounting the Tour Pak. This should add considerably to the comfort and carrying capacity for 2 up touring. Please keep us posted. VinnyBoy

Back