I don't really have any new information for you, but I can give an opinion. For sound alone, the TORs for the roadster were a nice upgrade. I went from barely hearing my exhaust (really disappointing) to enjoying a nice low purr that opened up pretty well around 3000 rpm. I didn't notice much power improvement with the slip-ons and the triumph tune, but I never got it on a dyno. If you want to try the TORs but don't want to blow your whole budget, I'm trying to sell mine (got a Reband pipe from those crazy Aussies, and I'm not looking to go back). Shipping costs may be prohibitive, though. Best bet is probably to buy new from your dealer, if you can!
Thanks a bunch, and your probably correct, shipping would not be effective. Based on all the comments I can't go wrong with the upgrade to TORs. Even just for a little better sound. As for HP increase, wether it does or doesn't, no matter to me. I got to pass my firs row of trucks that were screwing around on the highway. I was doing a 100 km/h and when I got the break to pass I pulled back on the throttle, felt the bike go and when I looked in the mirror the trucks were mere specs, looked down at the speedo, 160..... Just like that, in a blink of an eye. Yup....I get it now....and I like it. So a little more growl would be nice. I think I'll order them as they are not that expensive but won't install them till my next service which will be this fall.

Thanks all for the input,

Steve You may have noticed that the Darkside reference has been absent from my Signature for some time now as the Jury is still Out

Maaaaaate,
Who got whose chain yanked now?!?!? :p

On a more serious note, I do believe what you say regarding your DS motivation.
Can't tell you what an aggravating PIA it was last summer, while out on my 11,500 mile ride, to have to find MC shops in strange states with appropriate tires in stock to change out THREE dam tires! :thumbsdown:

Pipes are slip ons unless your changing the header also, swapping them is nearly as easy as changing attachments on a vacuum cleaner, there are great tunes on this forum & many posts describing how to download and install the right map, also I would at least upgrade the air filter to a K & N under seat when you change exhaust.

Back