Yeah,,,they ain't the best soundin for sure..

"As to getting more noise out of the Rocket, its a pretty subjective thing. I have Jardines only for the power. I don't find the Rocket to be a very pleasant sounding motor and would prefer it be quieter rather than louder.
In my opinion just making more noise serves no useful purpose, but of course I could be wrong".[/QUOTE]

I think the D&D pipes may have a deeper, but not louder sound than the TORS. My favorite exhaust note is V8 with headers,,,,,,,,so I'm stuck with cars for that, as I'm not about to go for BossHoss....haven't gotten to that stage of life where I'm satisfied to ride twice a week to the local bar and back:D (we have one in town and he put less than 800 miles on it last year LOL)

Actually someone mentioned it on another thread and I laughed when I read it 'cause it is close...."yeh, an idling Rocket sounds just like a 3cyl Kubota diesel" Do a comparison, it's REAL close;)

I don't expect the rocket to sound like a v twin if i did i would have brought another one, i would just like to hear it when riding not for the world to hear me coming down the street. I guess its a deeper sound i want.

Back