dave64

Mr
Ride
Triumph Roadster 2010
I have been thinking of getting a little more noise from the Rocket What do Triumph call these TORS pipes is it the sillensors on their website ?And if i decide to go to the 3 k&ns will the bear claw fit back on as normal?

ps im not after more power just a little more noise , but the extra room under the seat would be handy as well

thanks in advance

If you are looking for a deeper rumble, TOR's are nice.
(Triumph Off Road) The Catalytic converters are removed from the pipes. I found a set on ebay cheap so I bought them and like them.

However, there are other exhaust systems out there so it depends on what you want and price. Whatever you go with, make sure you get the bike reprogrammed. BIG DIFFERENCE in performance!:D

I have been thinking of getting a little more noise from the Rocket What do Triumph call these TORS pipes is it the sillensors on their website ?And if i decide to go to the 3 k&ns will the bear claw fit back on as normal?

ps im not after more power just a little more noise , but the extra room under the seat would be handy as well

thanks in advance

I have a set Dave but the old 3 muffler style with the cat delete.. Plenty Noise good condition got them last year 2012..

Not sure on 2012 fitting mine is 06 ..PM me if they are any good to you.

Not yet advertised.

Touring TORS

thanks in advance

I have a set of TORS for my 08 Touring that are like new. (Bike came with D&D's and the TORS,,I left the D&D's on but to me they sound identical).
I know the Roadster and Touring share the same crossover pipe, but I don't know about the fitment of the muffs themselves. Maybe someone elso on the forum has experimented with this. The TORS are virtually like new, if you are interested I can send you some pics.

I left the D&D's on but to me they sound identical).
I know the Roadster and Touring share the same crossover pipe, but I don't know about the fitment of the muffs themselves. Maybe someone elso on the forum has experimented with this. The TORS are virtually like new, if you are interested I can send you some pics.

The Touring mufflers have the saddlebag mounts welded to the top. Since they have no other mounting point, and the Roadster doesn't have the saddlebags, I doubt they'd work. And even if they did, those big mounting brackets would look out of place.

As to getting more noise out of the Rocket, its a pretty subjective thing. I have Jardines only for the power. I don't find the Rocket to be a very pleasant sounding motor and would prefer it be quieter rather than louder.

In my opinion just making more noise serves no useful purpose, but of course I could be wrong.

The Touring mufflers have the saddlebag mounts welded to the top. Since they have no other mounting point, and the Roadster doesn't have the saddlebags, I doubt they'd work. And even if they did, those big mounting brackets would look out of place.

As to getting more noise out of the Rocket, its a pretty subjective thing. I have Jardines only for the power. I don't find the Rocket to be a very pleasant sounding motor and would prefer it be quieter rather than louder.

In my opinion just making more noise serves no useful purpose, but of course I could be wrong.

NEVER EVER thought I'd be saying this and I'm sure it's a resultant function of my old age; BUT, I agree completely with what you said.
1olbull :D

From my perspective, it seems that the noise is so that once you go past a specific point, it lets people know you have gone by. After
all, you are usually pointing the noise directly behind you. Saying loud pipes makes you more visible to the front is kind of like saying your headlights help you see behind you at night. There, that's my 2 cents worth.

bob

From my perspective, it seems that the noise is so that once you go past a specific point, it lets people know you have gone by. After
all, you are usually pointing the noise directly behind you. Saying loud pipes makes you more visible to the front is kind of like saying your headlights help you see behind you at night. There, that's my 2 cents worth.

bob

VERY DEEP, Bob R. :confused:
I shall ponder this for a spell . . .

I have a set Dave but the old 3 muffler style with the cat delete.. Plenty Noise good condition got them last year 2012..

Not sure on 2012 fitting mine is 06 ..PM me if they are any good to you.

Not yet advertised.

Thanks for the offer Dennsell but i would like to stay with the 2 pipe set up and i don't think they would fit anyway from what i have read.

Back