Top speed on your Touring?

CWCobra

.060 Over
I can't take my 2009 past about 85 or 90 mph...anybody go faster on an R3T?
Again, just to be clear, this question is for Touring models, not Roadsters, Tourers or Standards.

If you go over 90 mph, please lsit your tire combination, and method of balancing: lead weights, Dyna Beads, or other.

Thanks,
CW

I know you said touring models but I can come close to 60 in first gear. Not to say that's my normal driving habit.

What RPM are you turning at 90 ?

My GPS shows a top speed of 117. I don't always have it mounted and have seen the speedo needle sweep past the 120 mark.

This is with Metzlers and Avons, balanced with lead weights. Also, Tuneboy with speed limiter raised.

Oh, and Lester, the R3T does not have a tach.

According to my wife who was hanging on for dear life last Saturday night... the speedo said 120....what ever that is in real time. She was surprised I didn't notice-I was too busy hanging on.

2009 RIII
Metzlers with 9000 mile on them and still tread

when i bought the 08 r3t for stb i rode it bout a week after she got it and i had it up to 110mph on the original bridgestone tires

then when i got one for myself after totaling my 06 classic i had mine up to 115 mph with the same tires
and just the other day coming home from work i got it up to 105 mph with a ct on back and a new avon cobra on the front

I've been up to 110 with more throttle left but saw State Trooper in median...Dunlop front, DS rear

The R3T is speed limited to 205 KPH, which I believe is 122 MPH. It will start cutting fuel before it reaches that limit. Obviously the engine and gearing is capable of considerably more, but I doubt anyone will see an honest 120 with the stock tune.

A few years back at one of the RAA meets at Maggie Valley on of the captains had a wee accident on his R3T he went off the road not in a curve but on a straight part of the road, anyhoo he was to shaken up to ride the bike back so we piled him into the support vehicle then me and steve Cowherd went back to get his bike, after spinning the rooster around so I was sitting on its face and making sure that the ants were sleeping I took off for the motel, now I had that bike hitting the 120 mark quite a few times in fact I was back at the motel five minutes before I left.:D

Back