Tiliting Three Wheeler

Hey, I have liked these things for years. I was looking pretty hard at one that was called the Carver that is no longer in business.
I think they would be fun however I don't see how they would work any better for aches and pains than a regular two wheeler.
What's in Snohomish?
Never said it is going to take away the aches and pain just that dam thing (bike) won't fall over if your hip or knee decide to lock up or not cooperate with your request for it to hold you and the bike up as you come to a stop

Stupid autocorrect I meant HansO

FYI -
I think @HansO was referring to the Piaggio scooter.
Bob Mighell's Tilting Motor Works unit does not come with an upright lock.
It is an option (extra cost) the hydraulic lock system is an additional $3,000.00!
I do not know if it will be automatic or not.

FYI -
It is an option (extra cost) the hydraulic lock system is an additional $3,000.00!

This is straight off the tilting motorworks FAQ.

How does the TiltLock mechanism work?

The TiltLock feature is switchable. When switched on, it will bring the bike to vertical at speeds below about 3 mph or when stopped. Because TiltLock and the front suspension operate independently, the bike doesn’t become rigid or difficult to handle at low speeds.

Personally I think this is the only thing that would make this whole three wheel setup valuable. I suppose that three wheels (without vert assist) could give certain riders more confidence, but the whole thing seems like it would be too cost prohibitive. Adding the verticalert assist opens up a lot of avenues.

The Tilting Trike folk.

Tilting Motor Works, Inc.
1824 Bickford Ave., Suite C
Snohomish, WA 98290
(360) 302-3008

OK thanks, now I habla.
I have seen it close up and spoken with the creator, Bob Mighell at the Seattle International Bike Show a few years ago.
Perhaps I should give a call and see if a demo ride is possible?

OK thanks, now I habla.
I have seen it close up and spoken with the creator, Bob Mighell at the Seattle International Bike Show a few years ago.
Perhaps I should give a call and see if a demo ride is possible?

Maybe ask if they are doing the trike for Rockets first. Unless of course its for something else but I don't believe they are.

Is anybody actually interested in this Tilting Wheel or merely curious?

I am likely to purchase the Piaggio MP3 500 Sport ABS. They're retailing for $9K -- and don't hold value worth crap -- highly likely to get one for low buck with low miles in two, three, four years. And these already have the automatic lock feature.

I am likely to purchase the Piaggio MP3 500 Sport ABS. They're retailing for $9K -- and don't hold value worth crap -- highly likely to get one for low buck with low miles in two, three, four years. And these already have the automatic lock feature.

Paul,
You are $hitting us, right? :eek: :eek: :p

FYI -
NO I was referring to the Tilting Works bike as I said on Earlier post I would spend the Extra 3 grand for self righting and locking feature, maybe you should start again at beginning and read all the posts correctly

Back