three days to RAA WEST

albertaduke

former airline pilot without the big bucks
Ride
2021 rocket3 GT
getting ready for the ride with friends and new friends on the RAA west and before leaving home I had a suculent supper tonight so good I had to share that pleasure on this forum we started by preparing ribs and then modified the recipe before barbecuing, to make a long story short the ribs were absolutely fabulous in this new recipe version
and we washed them ribs down with a ribera del duero red 2010 to help with the delicious ribs , @barbaris can probably vouch for the quality of this vineyard well known in spain a garden salad from our garden and we finished with homemade chocolate ice cream .yummy!!
this is what make life so interesting worth the time , good food and wine ...I know I ramble on but when I on my way to Lewiston saturday my tastebuds will still remember the pleasure.
20180711_192753.jpg

Last edited:
Saturday departure?
You are 500 klicks from Lewiston, ID.
Wait . . . You must be meeting Speedy a day early, right?
See youse there Sunday.

Wish I was coming, but I'm flying down to Florida next week to lay out concrete with contractor at new house, so at least I have something to look forward too. Funny, all the concrete I've poured, feels strange hiring someone to pour it at my own house, LOL, but life constantly changes.

Trying to get my **** back straight for this, The whole thing is going to be an exercise in determination for me.

Claviger. Two back thoughts.

Roll out of bed on stomach. Brace self with arms. Don’t sit up out of bed and especially quickly.

If this is not some chronic back issue:

Gently lower yourself to floor. Get a hard rolled up newspaper, preferably a large one.

Place near problem area. Roll over the top of it with paper right angle to your back. Slowly move back and forth. This will likely cause pain and back popping.

Do your best to relax your back while doing this. Try not to tense up. Don’t overdo. Do this several times a day.

Alternate cold/hot packs.

Avoid all unnecessary lifting. Move slowly.

If you have an inversion table, it would likely help a lot.

Chiropactor could potentially help a lot, of osteopathic physician.

Good luck on the ride! Hope the back quiets down a bit.

Yeah. I think I isolated where the origin of it all is... sacroiliac joint, I figured out who trigger worse pain and I can feel it coming from deep in the pelvis radiating.

Had x-rays done, waiting on results.

I have DJD, spinal stenosis, foraminal stenosis, and arthritis all over my back. It’s the result of my career in my 20s and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

This is just an exceptional flare up. I appreciate all the advice! Lyrica helps take the edge off thankfully.

Wish I was coming, but I'm flying down to Florida next week to lay out concrete with contractor at new house, so at least I have something to look forward too. Funny, all the concrete I've poured, feels strange hiring someone to pour it at my own house, LOL, but life constantly changes.

What's the address?

Saturday departure?
You are 500 klicks from Lewiston, ID.
Wait . . . You must be meeting Speedy a day early, right?
See youse there Sunday.
am i to meet speedy saturday |????? i am planning on riding sunday morning to lewiston did I miss something..
in any case it is a blessing in disguise at 6pm today ( friday 13th ) the right factory foot peg just broke off ( cheap chinese cast metal) nearly throwing me down.... what a mother f*** g piece of crap metal so I have to make a foot peg tomorrow for the RAA ride .. but now I wonder when the left will break off has anyone had this sort of thing happening

Back