I Can’t Ride my Rocket for Three Months....

IMG_0299.JPG

My girl gets cleaned quite often... the wax and supple seats makes her go faster... just don't look tooooo close at the rear rim... that's more of an annual to bi-annual job... ;) ...of course, spending some alone time with my two-wheeled girlfriend in the garage is always nice (when we're not out on the road together...) :)

-MIG

I'm glad you're ok, thread title had me worried. I'll send ya some big girl panties so you can go ahead and ride it. ;)

All the time, I work hard for my toys and keeping them clean is part of owning them, keeping all the muck off the bike helps to keep the bike in good running order as you can notice small problems before they become big problems.
Those who do not was their bike on a regular basis should be hung/drawn and quartered, but in today age some will say that is harsh boy I miss the old days

+1. I've always kept my bikes in top condition. I recently sold my 07 Kawasaki Nomad to a close friend and it sparkled and with all the services up to date. I rather enjoy cleaning up my bikes. I wash them on the shop apron, blow dry them/wipe them down, pull them in the shop, put on some tunes, crack a can of beer and "wax on wax off".

The only bike of mine that still looks somewhat cruddy is the DL650 VStrom on which I rode to the Arctic Circle in 2015. I've tried everything I know of, even portable steam cleaner, to get that Yukon grime off and it won't budge.
279 (600 x 450).jpg

Boy was that a great time.

Back