Tiliting Three Wheeler

I have a five level fusion...multiple sclerosis, and arthritis in my knees....getting old is so much fun.......but I ain't gonna get my self on no girl bike.

and yes it is a scooter I rode the 500cc version at a open day they had here a few years ago when a scooter shop opened up they invited the local branch of Ulysses Club (which I founded and was still the Branch Pres) to help promote it, I was not going to take a scooter for a ride but the leaning Piaggio got my curiosity going so I took it for a run, I even managed to scrape the lower sections under my feet, it felt very secure being pushed[/QUOTE]

Having two bad hips and two bad knees, I have an idea of what you speak.
After awhile of riding, I have pain and difficulty lifting my right leg up just to use my highway bar.
Swinging that sucker over the bike to get off is also rough.
Do not see how an extra wheel up front would help this?

Having two bad hips and two bad knees, I have an idea of what you speak.
After awhile of riding, I have pain and difficulty lifting my right leg up just to use my highway bar.
Swinging that sucker over the bike to get off is also rough.
Do not see how an extra wheel up front would help this?
Lock it vertical - Stand up on left peg and sweep leg over. Much easier. Getting of the same but backwards.

Go on 'bul - do it for us - Tacoma to Snohomish is just over an hour!. Or are you worried you'll fall in love ? :sneaky::D

Lock it vertical - Stand up on left peg and sweep leg over. Much easier. Getting of the same but backwards.

Go on 'bul - do it for us - Tacoma to Snohomish is just over an hour!. Or are you worried you'll fall in love ? :sneaky::D

Hey, I have liked these things for years. I was looking pretty hard at one that was called the Carver that is no longer in business.
I think they would be fun however I don't see how they would work any better for aches and pains than a regular two wheeler.
What's in Snohomish?

Hey, I have liked these things for years. I was looking pretty hard at one that was called the Carver that is no longer in business.
I think they would be fun however I don't see how they would work any better for aches and pains than a regular two wheeler.
What's in Snohomish?

From your previous post it seems they did not have the automatic vertical lock option. As Hanson said the motorized vertical lock will now engage at low speeds and stops, which means a rider wouldn't need to put their foot down. In addition I think a lot of guys are not too comfortable standing on the pegs and applying their full weight to the bike while it's on the kickstand in order to throw a leg over. The three wheeled stability would assist with that confidence (as might a much less expensive center stand...but you'really still going to run into a personal preference ussue)..

From your previous post it seems they did not have the automatic vertical lock option. As Hanson said the motorized vertical lock will now engage at low speeds and stops, which means a rider wouldn't need to put their foot down. In addition I think a lot of guys are not too comfortable standing on the pegs and applying their full weight to the bike while it's on the kickstand in order to throw a leg over. The three wheeled stability would assist with that confidence (as might a much less expensive center stand...but you'really still going to run into a personal preference ussue)..
Stupid autocorrect I meant HansO

Back