Throttle sticking Idle probem.

Took it to the shop, and turns out that all the sensors are good, my ECM is good, the throttle body it self is bad, valves that open are stuck open. Can't order just the throttle body, Triumph only sells the complete assembly. fuel injectors, and everything. crap

Took it to the shop, and turns out that all the sensors are good, my ECM is good, the throttle body it self is bad, valves that open are stuck open. Can't order just the throttle body, Triumph only sells the complete assembly. fuel injectors, and everything. crap

PM me. I have a spare. Body, fuel rail, sensors, no injectors.

I just need the throttle body, without the sensors, and harnesses.

Attachments

• Throttle body2.jpg
    Throttle body2.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 0

as u can see a few of the guys think that u r about to get screwed.
u need to take care of it your self or find a good mechanic. first lube return springs. w/o running open throttle and let it fly closed a few times.spray wd40 or other into lide stepper motor make sure that u have a little free play in your throttle grip. if that doesn't make it right replace primary tps(at rear or engine)
keep us informed and we will help u.
first u tell us they said it is electrical (the only elect part u can not buy it the secondary throttle actuator ) and that is probably not bad. u mention that valves r stuck. i would think that the throttle plates r not returning. spray with wd40. hth

yea they said they tested the sensors, and they were goo. The butterfly valves were stuck open. they manually shut them, and then they would go wide open again. What would make it do that? Is there a electrical circuit on the throttle body itself? I also have an engine light on. If my ECM sees the throttle body is wide open can that cause an engine light? I appreciate the help guys. I'm going to take it apart and see what they were looking at.

Does the Rocket III have a mechanical throttle body or is it electronic, or electrical. I think I will dig into it. My wife is worried we won't make it to Laughlin next year. i'm determined. I just need to go to motorcycle mechanics school for a few years. jk

Back