Throttle sticking Idle probem.

Don't fret, outrider, we ain't done wit you yet!:roll:

I was just about to ask if it's the butterfly valves that were sticking. I'm pretty sure that alone would cause the engine light to come on because that will prevent the motor from having a proper fuel/air mixture. There are a bunch of fellows here that have forgotten more than you and I know X 10 about wrenching/troubleshooting mechanical gremlins, so be patient and I'm certain that you will have a "happy ending".

Was your bike unused for any extended period of time, perhaps by a prior owner and what exactly did the guys in your shop mean by "they tested the sensors, and they were goo"?o_O

Does the Rocket III have a mechanical throttle body or is it electronic, or electrical. I think I will dig into it. My wife is worried we won't make it to Laughlin next year. i'm determined. I just need to go to motorcycle mechanics school for a few years. jk

It is some of both. No need for MC school. Jus a few tools.

Download Tune ECU program, get a LoneTech cable and learn how to tap into the R3 ECU to adjust the throttle control systems. Once you are at that level we can help you get started. There are several rich threads on this subject in our database. My bike requires rather frequent checking and tweaking of the TPS in the back of the throttle bodies to stay healthy. I know it's a "ditch" but when the bike is right it is a blast to ride.

I know how to change my map. I have the cable and have done it. I have Ram air on my intake, and the zard exhaust. I will keep you all informed. Appreciate the support

i would assume they r talking about the secondary valves. because if the primary was open 100% then it would idle about 5500 rpm.
normally the ecu when turning on ignition the secondary's will open 100% then close while the ecu moniters them. now it may be possible that the previous owner set them at 100% with the tunecu program and there is nothing wrong with that portion of it.
it helps to tell us all u know about the bike how long have u had the bike how long has it been doing this?
has anyone been messing with it? does it have the original intake air system or has it been replaced with 3 filters?
if it is possible to post a little video of the idle stepper motor (at the front of the throttle bodys) when turning on the ign.
i know we can do this it just takes a lot of typing. :laugh::laugh:

i see u have posted while i was typing
there is a place on the tunecu that shows the sec's settinge.
if u have the ram air off then u can watch the sec's while turning on ign and see what happens.
did u check for codes?

Back