This Close " to cutting off heel shifter

geneseo1911

Naturally Aspirated
Ride
2007 Rocket Classic, 2018 Rocket Roadster
Heel-toe shifter on my Classic is driving me nuts. The heel portion HAS to go, but I like the position of the front. Will I regret hacking it off? Is this a valuable, high-demand part? I know Triumph lists them at $137. If I can put a $25 YZ125 lever and sell mine for $100, I suppose that'd be worth doing, but if there's not much demand for them, I'd rather just take the zip-wheel to it.

Leave the arm of the heel part of the shifter. Just cut the bit that sticks out off. That way you have full access for your foot anywhere on the floorboard, but you can still use your heel to shift.

If you use a hacksaw to cut it off, then you will need a really good blade. A grinding wheel is much easier.

The problem with that is that other parts would shrink to match, so not so good.

Yikes! I don't have any to spare.

Foot size, that is.

The problem is, I really prefer my feet more under me, and I'd like to ride with my feet on the very back of the floorboards, but that stupid heel shifter is right there. I'm thinking I'd like to get a Roadster in the future, so I don't want to destroy anything that might be a selling point.

Heel-toe shifter on my Classic is driving me nuts. The heel portion HAS to go, but I like the position of the front. Will I regret hacking it off? Is this a valuable, high-demand part? I know Triumph lists them at $137. If I can put a $25 YZ125 lever and sell mine for $100, I suppose that'd be worth doing, but if there's not much demand for them, I'd rather just take the zip-wheel to it.
Cant you just unscrew the rear peg off the shifter lever?

I have a size 14 foot. Cutting the heel portion off on a band saw was the first mod i did. Getting rid of the handle bars was the 2nd. Then catalytic converter. Pipes, seat, air filter, shocks, windshield, passenger backrest pad, headlight bulbs, horn, passenger pegs, 10 or twelve maps.

Not sure whats left to replace.

Future wishlist. Ozclaw, paintjob, power commander v, small pull behind trailer.

Cant you just unscrew the rear peg off the shifter lever?

I think it's all welded together, but I'll have to go look closer. That would be the ideal.

I have a size 14 foot. Cutting the heel portion off on a band saw was the first mod i did....

Sounds like we have a lot in common. I'm 6'4", and wear a 13, and the heel shifter and handlebars are my two biggest complaints. I love the bike otherwise. Never thought I'd get to do a wheelie on a motorcycle:D.

Back