Third time is a charm

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Common sense says "Don't Do It" Been looking at all the New bikes and what is offered really not impressed at all. Way to many control functions and bull that is not required. Figuring on rebuilding the 2010 Fatboy again. This time run a tame 124 S&S. Springier front end and Ape hangers. Plus a knock out paint job. Thinking about getting the LA PERA seat re upholstered in snake skin. With all the upgrades from the last rebuild still in good shape might just end up with a cool bike. Not a Rocket but not a cookie cutter from Harley either. Was looking at the Indians and the New Harley's still no horse power ratings? Are they that ashamed. You really have to go looking for their output. Yet they brag about this and that and how many control features they have. Who cares? Pure puppy junk. Don't get me wrong love the Rocket X but still like Harley's. Figure this time since i got the knowledge and money might as well build the Harley of my childhood dreams. Not the 2018 image.

Common sense says "Don't Do It" Been looking at all the New bikes and what is offered really not impressed at all. Way to many control functions and bull that is not required. Figuring on rebuilding the 2010 Fatboy again. This time run a tame 124 S&S. Springier front end and Ape hangers. Plus a knock out paint job. Thinking about getting the LA PERA seat re upholstered in snake skin. With all the upgrades from the last rebuild still in good shape might just end up with a cool bike. Not a Rocket but not a cookie cutter from Harley either. Was looking at the Indians and the New Harley's still no horse power ratings? Are they that ashamed. You really have to go looking for their output. Yet they brag about this and that and how many control features they have. Who cares? Pure puppy junk. Don't get me wrong love the Rocket X but still like Harley's. Figure this time since i got the knowledge and money might as well build the Harley of my childhood dreams. Not the 2018 image.

have one of those Florida guys to box one of those big snakes they want to get rid of and hand the box to upholster guy and tell him u brought your own parts.:laugh::laugh:

Get some extra life insurance and convince Anthony to lend you the SuperDuke.

Aw heck, follow your heart. We only live once, and, well, consider carefully, imagine riding that 30,000th mile and if you're smiling or not, then decide.

Boys, and many men after them, revel in the building, and quickly tire of the having.

How many of us have an abode with less room than it might otherwise have, for our accumulated toys, and how much do we hear our mate complain ? All items that tickled our fancy at one time or another, and sit idle now.

So maybe build the bike, for the joy of it, and sell it to make room (joy having been had) -- when that 2020 Rocket shows up.

Sonny, what I did to treat the itch of another bike was find a old favorite, cheap. For $4000 done. Once had a Kawasaki Sephyr 1200. Tooo much revs for me.
IMG_0358.JPG
Not getting on these 150 hp 400 lbs bikes.

Attachments

• IMG_0370 (1).JPG
    IMG_0370 (1).JPG
    341 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back