The Rocket Wave

Danky

.020 Over
Ride
2011 Rocket 3 Roadster, 2001 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R
Went for a cruise today and came across another Rocket Rider for the first time. Instead of a wave, it was more of a SCREAM & a hearty greeting.
NICE BIKE BRO!!!!!!
You don't see many Rockets on the road here but when you do, its awesome.
-Danky

No Scream!

I was really excited when I pulled in to my favorite breakfast place last sunday to see a Rocket there...had not seen a single one here in Anchorage all summer. So I pulled up right next to his and went in to eat all the while looking for him out the window-suddenly he was there and before I go out to chat he was gone-considering the scarcity of the bike, and the fact that I am sure my bike was his old one (dealer said my 2010 was traded in by a guy who buys a new Rocket every 2 years) I would have thought he would have been a bit more curious.

He basically just looked at it drove away. Oh well, guess I'll keep riding with my HD buddie and dream of someday making it to a RAA meet.:( -Doug

Went to the POW/MIA rally in CrippleCreek Co and ran into 5 of them. To my surprise I also saw a Triumph tent advertising the beasts as well as other bikes. Maybe Triumph is getting their act together. about time:cool:

Once again, ran into another Rocket yesterday in the Elmhurst, IL area. I was thinking about trying to stand on my seat and /wave:D

Went to the POW/MIA rally in CrippleCreek Co and ran into 5 of them. To my surprise I also saw a Triumph tent advertising the beasts as well as other bikes. Maybe Triumph is getting their act together. about time:cool:

been there a few years back beautiful country !! and backroads

Don't be too hard on him, Douglas. I'm sure he wanted to meet you but was keen to protect the uniqueness of the breed. Two together would have shattered the mystique. Maybe he could have slipped a note under your seat to arrange a secret rendezvous though. ;)

I was at a stop light today and saw a bike with a bog ole radiator on it across the street headed towards me and thought I was finally gonna run into my first Rocket after over 2 years of ownership. The light turned green and I was extremely disappointed to see a Boss Hoss pass by as we exchanged nods in crossing. He sure was checking out the Rocket though. Maybe I should have turned around and asked him if he wanted to test the limits of an 8 cylinder vs. a little old 3....:cool:

In the past year, I have only seen 3 in my area. Actually, I think I saw the same one twice, and the other one was parked at a supermarket. Since I bought mine in May, I have yet to encounter another R3. It seems to be a rare breed around here! I'm sure I will greet the first fellow Captain I encounter on the road with a hearty shout and a crazy, friendly gesture of some kind.

After 5 and half years owning a RIII ( pretty sure that's a record for me ) I'd really like a a dose of Dankyism .. good onya mate :D

Back