The Results of "Distracted Driving" when Contacting a Stopped Motorcycle

Rear enders happen for various reasons, but when it involves cell phones, the rear ending driver should be charged with attempted homicide!
I could not agree with you more!!
That is not an "accident". That is just plain and simple negligence. If the law doesn't address it and start treating it as a serious crime, and the person goes away with just an f'in ticket where is the incentive to make it stop?!

Well the insurance company is trying to compensate based on a '15 roadster. I told them it isn't the regular roadster but they can't find an X listed in the book.
So we will see where that goes. But as usual with insurance companies, they want to pay you as little as they possibly can. And from what I've already been told I'll be out thousands of dollars for something that was absolutely not my fault and I did nothing wrong.
GREAT SYSTEM!!

I'm well versed on this area so here's the dope.
If the X sells at a higher retail price than the regular roadster, then that's what they owe you no ifs ands or buts, period.
If they can't find sources for X pricing you may unfortunately need to get proactive and find some sources yourself. They are supposed to use a computer program that finds comparative vehicles, not close enough vehicles with approx same mileage and accessories. You may have to search craigslist n other internet sources to help them. Also if you've made aftermarket mods provide them the invoices.
Do not accept less. Get the state board of insurance involved if need be.
Hang in there n be patient

Glad you are ok. Man that doesn't look like anything someone could have walked away from.

Years ago a friend had a VW Bug that he had just restored, and got rear ended and pushed into another vehicle. When the insurance man came, he said all the car was worth was 500. He said he already found the parts, and was going to do all the repairs and paint himself. All he needed was 750. The insurance man said no way, 500 was all he could give him. Billy said well can you give me a ride to the Dr? My back is starting to hurt. The insurance man said I'm authorized to write you a check for the 750 if you sign this release right now.
Funny how fast they can find a few extra dollars that wasn't available just minutes before.

Glad to hear you escaped serious injury.
But on the other side of that....how the hell is that even a little bit fair?!

I didn't have full coverage on my bike so I was f_cked. It was an old bike. I rode it for 20 without full coverage so due to luck, I still came out ahead.

Glad you are ok. Man that doesn't look like anything someone could have walked away from.

Years ago a friend had a VW Bug that he had just restored, and got rear ended and pushed into another vehicle. When the insurance man came, he said all the car was worth was 500. He said he already found the parts, and was going to do all the repairs and paint himself. All he needed was 750. The insurance man said no way, 500 was all he could give him. Billy said well can you give me a ride to the Dr? My back is starting to hurt. The insurance man said I'm authorized to write you a check for the 750 if you sign this release right now.
Funny how fast they can find a few extra dollars that wasn't available just minutes before.

And THAT, my friends, is EXACTLY HOW IT WORKS! ;)

So this is what happens when the phone is more important than watching where the F#$% your going!!!

IMG_0283.JPG IMG_0285.JPG IMG_0286.JPG IMG_0291.JPG
Can't see anything wrong with it I have one just the same in my garage at the moment

Yes, I here that a lot. I think that myself too. Just left it again and still wonder how I'm still walking. Little MF'er (censored myself) that hit me. I'm sure he's not going through anything.
And YES....insurance companies SUCK. And I'm insured with one that only does bikes because they ride themselves. Well we see that doesn't mean dick!!

I just left the bike again. Was 'looking' at some parts that I was interested in. New Ramair for example.
They have a used touring model two roadsters, 2017 and 2011 there. They're both matte black which I personally am not the biggest fan of but they have a new complete set of gloss black w/red stripes that they'll put on for me if I'm interested.

Back