The Results of "Distracted Driving" when Contacting a Stopped Motorcycle

Here recently in rural Oklahoma it seems like a game some folks like to play. They pull up very fast to a stop light slam on their brakes and stop real close to your rear end. I keep a consent eye in my rear view mirrors and get very upset when this happens. Make it very apparent that we are not happy. Happens twice your just plan stupid. Kind of old gray and fat but still good at taken care of business. Some of these puppy's I guess did not have a mom and pop to teach them any manners. :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:;);););););)
See that all the time also. Bunch of f'in a-holes.
I'm very aware at stop lights whether in my car or on the bike but even more so when on two wheels.
This time I wasn't at an intersection but stopped to turn left so I'm looking at where I'm going, at on coming traffic ECT. Hard to keep your eyes everywhere at once. But I've been able to drive and find myself so f'in paranoid about everyone now and getting very pissed off when people seem to wait until the last second to start braking.

So glad you are ok, lucky there are some brand new X's still available I believe
Well the insurance company is trying to compensate based on a '15 roadster. I told them it isn't the regular roadster but they can't find an X listed in the book.
So we will see where that goes. But as usual with insurance companies, they want to pay you as little as they possibly can. And from what I've already been told I'll be out thousands of dollars for something that was absolutely not my fault and I did nothing wrong.
GREAT SYSTEM!!

First off, really sorry about your X but glad you weren't seriously hurt. Some years back the wife and I were stopped at a red light on my ole' Electra glide. There was a car stopped behind us. When the light changed to green the arsehole behind punched it before I got the clutch all the way out. Knocked us down and about ran over us. Neither of us were seriously hurt but the bike was scraped up pretty good. Because of Michigan "no fault" insurance the best I could do was sue the driver for $400.:mad:

First off, really sorry about your X but glad you weren't seriously hurt. Some years back the wife and I were stopped at a red light on my ole' Electra glide. There was a car stopped behind us. When the light changed to green the arsehole behind punched it before I got the clutch all the way out. Knocked us down and about ran over us. Neither of us were seriously hurt but the bike was scraped up pretty good. Because of Michigan "no fault" insurance the best I could do was sue the driver for $400.:mad:
Glad to hear you escaped serious injury.
But on the other side of that....how the hell is that even a little bit fair?!

So this is what happens when the phone is more important than watching where the F#$% your going!!! IMG_0283.JPG IMG_0285.JPG IMG_0286.JPG IMG_0291.JPG
Very glad you are ok. What a mess. Yep, I got rear ended at a stop light several years ago by a guy in a Mercedes. I discovered that the little "star" emblem on the hood folds, lol. Bike was a total smashola, frame bent.

Back