The Results of "Distracted Driving" when Contacting a Stopped Motorcycle

And besides the obvious.....when I think about what to possibly replace it with, everything seems to fall just a little short. After changing the foot controls to the 'old style' and risers, ramair, and had my exhaust on the way....it all just pisses me off even more.
Just a few weeks ago I switched bikes with a buddy of mine while we were out riding and he was just blown away. He knew what I've told him but trying to explain it and actually getting on and experiencing it is two totally different things. I'd eventually catch up to him...because he had to stop or just slowed down for me...and he had that same f'in grin on his face that I'm sure we all did/do, especially when you first throw a leg over one of these things. She will be missed!:mad::banghead:

I m saddened to read this brother. I'm happy that you can write about it though as many do not get that chance after something like this. Finding another X may not be easy, but I bet they are out there to be had and with the right lawyer, you will get what you need out of this. Be well and hopefully your bruises heal quick!

Those who have ridden with me know I ride naked:eek: as in no music no phones no eff all to distract me, never understood why people need all that **** when you have the engine to listen to.

Did the person hit you, if so hope they have good insurance, sorry to say but the bike looks f****d , but going back to my first thought when we do ride leacve all the distraction in the saddlebags.

Last edited:
I'm really sorry to hear of this happening to you. Just try to remember that it's a machine that can be replaced. A local postmaster lost his life last year due to a 16yo kid texting. The biker/postmaster was sitting at a red light when he was struck. Hopefully you were not injured and insurance will be quick and fair. A new bike is right around the corner. Good luck!!

Back