THE REBIRTH OF NUMBER 74

Well said basically screw it. Regrouped. Now picking up a 1800 capacity stand and wheel chock for front tire plus a 1000 lbs hydraulic table cart. New game plan. Place expensive chock in place and jack bike up with single cherry picker. Then transfer engine to expensive table cart Via expensive second cherry picker from expensive floor jack. Freaking ridiculous. Did buy two Hydraulic jack oils at 15 FL OZ to bleed and fill all the above. It appears the chinese do not like to bleed or fill there Hydraulic equipment Either way the stuff is expensive and should hold up for a bit. Will post pics of operation while in progress. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
I used a single picker with an adjustable lifting beam with chains on each lifting points, raised rear higher and when frame cleared engine mounting, turned frame a quarter turn and roll away from engine. I remove front tire and fender before starting.

Last edited:
Is this all the pictures were gonna get? :whitstling: I wake up and a bolt has taken the day. Let us see your set up. The lifting table, the rigging apparatus.

I ride year round . This is expected in Oklahoma. if you ride. ;););););) Plan on new bolt and nut. Only this time will coat in anti seize. Believe bolt was assembled dry at factory.
I reinstall with a thin application of axel grease but mine looks brand new (so do all the rear mounts). The bike only sees about 15-20 rainy rides a year plus a couple of washes but still not a spot of corrosion

Glad you finally got the engine out.
Had to work the front engine mount bolt on mine as well but finally got it.
Just split the cases today. Was at war with the cam ladder torx bolts to get to this point.

Attachments

• 20210220_181500.jpg
    20210220_181500.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 20210220_181453.jpg
    20210220_181453.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 28
Got a novice question and don't want to appear as if I'm barging in on Sonny's thread . Hope you don't mind Sonny but we are at a similar point and intend on sending trans to Robinson.
With cases split, what should I send to Robinson? Take crank out?
What is your plan Sonny?

I would also highly recommend puting a smear of grease on the bolt when putting it back together. I also do the same with the axles and especially with the bolts that go into the rear fender for the panier mounts etc.

Back