THE REBIRTH OF NUMBER 74

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Yes indeed IMG_1084.JPG IMG_1085.JPGIMG_1086.JPG 68,000 showing on odometer. Figure we can build to make the magic mark of 100,000 on one Rocket . One Rocket X. A few more parts needed but that is good. Will be sending off some parts to be recoated in powder coat and some for the first time. Exhaust will be sent of to be re-coated ceramic style. Transmission will be sent to Robertson. The rest is up to me. Some build to win the race but some build as the saying goes the Hare lost the race. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: The freaking turtle won.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: Original owner game on.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Planning on buying a second heater in the morning. Figure that should work. Weather here in Oklahoma is turning colder than usual. Either way in the morning when we get back from the hardware store plan on getting some more parts off the bike. Objective is to get all parts off that either require a rework on powder coat or new parts to be powder coated along with the ceramic coating on the pipes. Still need to pull oil pan and find my fourth gear before pulling engine. Really looking forward to this weekend.

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Very much so. Bike is setting at 68,000 all milage by me since 2015. Plan on rebuild from front tire to back tire and everything between. Transmission went south and figure it is a good time to just get her done up right. Cosmetic improvements and a lot of replacement parts to make the magic 100,000 mile mark and then some. I am really excited about it.

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
What coating did you choose? Extreme 2500, off road 2000 or classic 1300
The guy in town who powder coats is in the hospital with Covid-19. So now i am going to let OKC do the pipes and the parts. That is why i need to get what i can off the bike and deliver all at one time. Coating on pipes will be decided when i drop them off. Will follow their recommendations:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.