THE REBIRTH OF NUMBER 74

Anybody else have a problem with these bolts. IMG_1099.JPG Second time i had to drill and use a easy out. Kind of sucks. Going to chase the threads on the bike but this is ridiculous. By the way this works great for catching radiator fluid. IMG_1101.JPG On the subject of radiators. If you have Samco hoses and clamps the bolt size is 7 MM. Thought I would mention that. Yes water pump is removed no pic.
The short answer is YES.

I rode about 100,000 miles without the front bolt for the gas tank. Makes it easier to get under the tank when you need to. Of course, if I rode like @Steel then it would be a different story.
I didn't have one on my tank and I could feel it starting to lift sometimes at high speed. Also it failed the MOT cos the tank was insecure, had to go back home and find a bolt to fit then go back to get it passed.

I hear ya, keep pluggin man, this weekend we crack these babies and i want to see some pictures, oh we gonna compare how there dads have treated them. So far my parts are beautiful, lucas has done a fabulous job keeping the Lush rocket lookin good on the inside. This weekend we got this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 28
Might also add been working 10 hour days at work five days a week. On top of that I have a close to a hour drive one way. On top of that go to physical therapy three times a week after a 10 hour day. That last a bit over a hour every visit. Basically it leaves weekend only on the bike. SUCKS big time. Done complaining. In the morning plan on kicking it out.
I hear ya man. I made a great start on my transmission before Christmas removing it and doing some investigations and now have parts from Triumph to rebuild it but haven't had time to get into the workshop to get any further. I'll try to free up some time. Would be great to have it sorted for the spring or when we can get out for pleasure rides in the UK.

Sonny, with that shed in place, you might want to purchase one of those mobile engine lifts similar to this. You would be able to lift the whole bike making engine removal a lot easier. They fold up nicely so you can get them out of the way when not needed. Pricing them in Canada some are relatively inexpensive. Probably a lot cheaper in the States.
1612051858008.png

Back