THE REBIRTH OF NUMBER 74

I reinforced the truss with a couple of 2x4 and props from the floor. The frame is not that heavy, but you have a LOT more control using a couple of ratchet pullers. One at the front and one at the rear. If you are careful it can be a one man job.

Are you gonn share any picture? at midnight the anniversary is over. when you recover lets get back to rebuilding 👌

Hello, I am rolling along at the same pace as Sonny in regards to sending my 2006 Rocket III standard (10.5K miles)Transmission to Robinson Industries to evaluate and upgrade Trans components and installing the Upgrade kit purchased at Hermy’s Triumph. The upgrade kit is obviously important based on combing the forum for common issues. Currently I have the Engine out of the bike . I want to keep the bike for a while and I have concerns about slipping out of second gear as well as troubles getting into second gear at High revs. Also, at times it feels as if I loose the gear engagement while riding hard. No grinding but a sensation of a momentary gear loss. Hard to explain . Maybe I’m spinning the tires and then tire gains traction? Don’t know.
I’m not sure of exactly sure of what I should send to Robinson . I have read about splitting the cases but not sure if I need to. I‘m reluctant to start tearing into the engine more then I have to to install the upgrade components.
BTW: Happy Anniversary Sonny!

20210130_133607 3.jpg

Thought that at 68,000 on a Rocket X I was in the safe zone in regards to the transmission. That's what i get for thinking. Just out of the blue no warning signs at all it took a dump. I would tear it down and send the transmission off. Avoid the headache later on. Trust me it is going to happen some time in the future if you continue riding it.
If one of my Triumphs takes a dump on me I'll cuss the heck out of it till I find a sweet deal on another. Then I'll have some great parts for sale. 😂

Back